by Dr. Bob
Doing something fun together|
I've enjoyed meeting members of this community in New Orleans, Austin, and San Francisco the last few months. It adds a lot to get to know the people behind the posting names. I hope we continue to have opportunities to do that in the future.
This is a message board for mutual support and education.
It focuses on psychology and psychotherapy: different theoretical orientations and techniques, the therapy process, transference and countertransference, how to find a therapist, etc. Discussion here is not itself psychotherapy.
is devoted to books that posters find useful in addressing their illness or negotiating the complicated therapeutic relationship.
The ones they've
In Session: The Bond Between Women and Their Therapists
by Deborah A. Lott and Marie Cohen
Feeling Good : The New Mood Therapy
by David D. Burns
The Road Less Traveled : A New Psychology of Love, Traditional Values and Spiritual Growth
by M. Scott Peck
Feel free to
the archives or to check out
listings compiled by Psycho-Babble participants of helpful web pages on various topics,
coping with crisis.
If you see a
member, please take a minute to say hi.
They might feel scared, and a warm welcome might help them relax and partake. And they'll be more likely to come back!
Don't necessarily believe everything you hear.
Your mileage may vary.
The only posts I take responsibility for are my own.
In a crisis, please also get help in person.
It's good to give as well as to receive.
What you say may conceivably be used against you.
Submitting a message gives me permission to use it as I wish.
Please be civil.
Start a new thread |
Check for new posts |
More information |
Babblechat : 0
Posts from archive 20070904
- Re: Okay, I'm reading chapters two and three. Abby Cunningham 9/5/07
- Did it work out ok? (nm) » peddidle Dinah 9/5/07
- Vicarious Puppy therapy finelinebob 9/7/07
- Re: I dunno **triggers** past work on the trauma » Racer -LlurpsieNoodle 9/4/07
- Re: Magic Moment - very long » DAisym Dinah 9/5/07
- Re: Forced Termination and Hatred *Trigger SI* » RealMe Maria01 9/4/07
- yeah, so I chickened » RealMe llurPsieNoOdle 9/4/07
- Re: A cloud has lifted (very long and rambling...) » antigua3 JoniS 9/5/07
- Re: Is 'Dr. Sanity' an undiagnosed BPD? *Triggers* B2chica 9/4/07
- ROFL ! (nm) muffled 9/6/07
- Re: Y'know, it just occurred to me re:all my writings » muffled sunnydays 9/4/07
- Re: Missing my exT less, but my new T more seldomseen 9/4/07
- Re: tomorrow is the day... » Dory Dinah 9/4/07
- Re: once i close my eyes a new reality... » rjlockhart Racer 9/4/07
- Bit stressed out today. arora 9/4/07
- Considering transcendental meditation widget 9/4/07
- OK, So you see naked hubby walking around after muffled 9/4/07
- I'm jealous LlurpsiEnOoDLe 9/4/07
- A joke my T told me... Wittgenstein 9/5/07
- Therapy session disaster RealMe 9/5/07
- Really bad dream Honore 9/6/07
- What happened with 'In Session' +author visit Abby Cunningham 9/6/07
- Is avoidance really so bad? Dinah 9/6/07
- Something about the day after therapy.... JoniS 9/6/07
- My T is Apparently a Good Liar LONG TherapyGirl 9/6/07
- work; relationships and inconsistent personality anotherpam 9/7/07
- Ugh! That T word again -- not tintinabulation... Racer 9/7/07
- And I quit group... Racer 9/7/07
- RealMe - how did it go today? Wittgenstein 9/7/07
- Frustrated and unhappy with T girlnterrupted78 9/7/07
- Seldom Seen Dinah 9/7/07
- My purse called my therapist, I think. Dinah 9/7/07
- Re: My purse called my therapist, I think. Dory 9/7/07
- Re: My purse called my therapist, I think. » Dinah TherapyGirl 9/7/07
- Re: My purse called my therapist, I think. » TherapyGirl Dinah 9/7/07
- Re: My purse called my therapist, I think. » Dory Dinah 9/7/07
- Re: My purse called my therapist, I think. seldomseen 9/7/07
- Re: My purse called my therapist, I think. » Dinah Honore 9/7/07
- Re: My purse called my therapist, I think. » seldomseen Dinah 9/7/07
- Re: My purse called my therapist, I think. » Honore Dinah 9/7/07
- Re: My purse called my therapist, I think. Dory 9/8/07
- Re: My purse called my therapist, I think. annierose 9/8/07
- Re: My purse called my therapist, I think. » annierose Dinah 9/8/07
- Re: My purse called my therapist, I think. » Dory Dinah 9/8/07
- Honore Dinah 9/7/07
- What would my t say? annierose 9/7/07
- Doctor Appt. is Monday TherapyGirl 9/7/07
- Regarding taping sessions... muffled 9/7/07
- Sorry, not posting much at the moment muffled 9/7/07
- Embarrassing T Story arora 9/8/07
- 'moments of meeting' twinleaf 9/8/07
- I posted on 'parents' re:kid troubles... muffled 9/8/07
- Muffled and anyone.... crap continued Dory 9/8/07
- the 50-minute hour... twinleaf 9/8/07
- Major crisis of faith with my therapist widget 9/9/07
- RE: Blocking myself for a week RealMe 9/9/07
- See T today - after the 'suck it up' comment seldomseen 9/10/07
- Incomprehensible changes Squiggles 9/10/07
- I'm back, hi to everyone pegasus 9/11/07
- Phew.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am giddy with releife! muffled 9/11/07
- Therapy was more fun with Dr. sexylegs than geezer Happyflower 1 :-) 9/11/07
- Update on affair with therapist... anneofkana 9/12/07
- Nightmares and Parents **triggers** Wittgenstein 9/12/07
- Those icky topics in threapy Wittgenstein 9/12/07
- cant stop crying today wishingstar 9/12/07
- Yikes! my boundaries got violated! LlurpsieNoodle 9/12/07
- So had T to talk bout my thread on 'parents' muffled 9/12/07
- Do you think it would help to know... JoniS 9/12/07
- Where's Dinah? Happyflower 1 :-) 9/12/07
- Where's Dory? muffled 9/12/07
- OK so am U the only meathead?***negativity trigg** muffled 9/12/07
- Third time's the charm: termination gardenergirl 9/13/07
- now i am freaked out ** triggers* Dory 9/13/07
- RealMe -missing you Dory 9/13/07
- coming apart - trigger DAisym 9/14/07
- Oh Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnn muffled 9/14/07
- all alone Dory 9/15/07
- wishingstar... you ok? Dory 9/15/07
- How do we really forgive ourselves? **csa trigger* antigua3 9/15/07
- so hard sunnydays 9/15/07
- things don't feel right LlurpsieNoodle 9/15/07
- Internal ruminations muffled 9/15/07
- My beautiful sister ***self harm trigger*** cactus 9/16/07
Start a new thread
Back to top
Dr. Bob is Robert Hsiung, MD,
Copyright 1998-2007 Robert Hsiung.
Owned and operated by Dr. Bob LLC and not the University of Chicago.