by Dr. Bob
Doing something fun together|
I've enjoyed meeting members of this community in New Orleans, Austin, and San Francisco the last few months. It adds a lot to get to know the people behind the posting names. I hope we continue to have opportunities to do that in the future.
This is a message board for mutual support and education.
It focuses on psychology and psychotherapy: different theoretical orientations and techniques, the therapy process, transference and countertransference, how to find a therapist, etc. Discussion here is not itself psychotherapy.
is devoted to books that posters find useful in addressing their illness or negotiating the complicated therapeutic relationship.
The ones they've
In Session: The Bond Between Women and Their Therapists
by Deborah A. Lott and Marie Cohen
Feeling Good : The New Mood Therapy
by David D. Burns
The Road Less Traveled : A New Psychology of Love, Traditional Values and Spiritual Growth
by M. Scott Peck
Feel free to
the archives or to check out
listings compiled by Psycho-Babble participants of helpful web pages on various topics,
coping with crisis.
If you see a
member, please take a minute to say hi.
They might feel scared, and a warm welcome might help them relax and partake. And they'll be more likely to come back!
Don't necessarily believe everything you hear.
Your mileage may vary.
The only posts I take responsibility for are my own.
In a crisis, please also get help in person.
It's good to give as well as to receive.
What you say may conceivably be used against you.
Submitting a message gives me permission to use it as I wish.
Please be civil.
Start a new thread |
Check for new posts |
More information |
Babblechat : 0
Posts from archive 20070406
- Re: Group Update Dinah 4/6/07
- Re: How ya' doing, WishingStar? wishingstar 4/6/07
- Re: Borderline PD? Is skin picking self-injury? Phillipa 4/8/07
- Re: Rescheduled » jammerlich Dinah 4/6/07
- Re: Thank you 10derheart! » annierose Dinah 4/6/07
- Re: is therapy really useful? » wishingstar TherapyGirl 4/6/07
- Re: trigger DisTraught 4/6/07
- Re: 10derheart... (long!) » littleone 10derHeart 4/6/07
- Re: iwillsurvive... » Iwillsurvive littleone 4/9/07
- Re: Therapy for short-term anxiety Iwillsurvive 4/6/07
- Re: feedback on letter to T? » Daisym gazo 4/6/07
- Re: Anyone hear from Tamar lately? caraher 4/6/07
- Difficult T this week jammerlich 4/6/07
- Re: T Thinks I am Trusting Her More » Iwillsurvive Poet 4/7/07
- Re: I love you all » Deneb 10derHeart 4/6/07
- cognititive mind control threats Happyflower 4/6/07
- Top 10 influential psychotherapists capricorn 4/6/07
- are most of you BPD? gazo 4/6/07
- dreams and what my T said - maybe small trigger sunnydays 4/6/07
- i will survive **SI Trigger** gazo 4/7/07
- i love you inimitable 4/7/07
- How Long to Trust a Therapist and Form a Relations Phillipa 4/8/07
- tomorrow's the day but i am ticked off **trigger** gazo 4/8/07
- (((((((((((((((((((((((((gazo))))))))))))))))))))) Iwillsurvive 4/9/07
- hahahahahahaha muffled1 4/9/07
- Lovely card from my T pegasus 4/9/07
- I'm just scared if it's all been just transference Scentedgarden 4/9/07
- Hoarding Toph 4/9/07
- A postive trait from being a child abuse survior Happyflower 4/9/07
- Therapy does work Dinah 4/9/07
- Want to Quit cause it seems 'as good as it gets' JoniS 4/9/07
- update *possible triggers* gazo 4/10/07
- How come my T face seems so bright? Happyflower 4/10/07
- Jammer... Gee 4/10/07
- Re: Jammer... Happyflower 4/10/07
- T today jammerlich 4/10/07
- Re: T today » jammerlich PhytoEstrogen 4/10/07
- Re: Jammer... » Gee gazo 4/10/07
- oops...sorry Gee, above was for jammer : / (nm) gazo 4/10/07
- Bad, bad, bad jammerlich 4/10/07
- Re: Bad, bad, bad » jammerlich Happyflower 4/10/07
- Re: Bad, bad, bad » Happyflower PhytoEstrogen 4/10/07
- Re: Bad, bad, bad gazo 4/10/07
- Re: T today » jammerlich muffled 4/10/07
- Re: Bad, bad, bad » jammerlich Gee 4/11/07
- what would be so wrong...??? gazo 4/10/07
- my T told me I was difficult PhytoEstrogen 4/10/07
- I am so worried about my babble friends Happyflower 4/10/07
- i'm sorry gazo 4/10/07
- ((((((phytoestrogen))))))) gazo 4/11/07
- today will be a better day... d*mm1t gazo 4/11/07
- Song I listen to when I feel sad or hopeless Happyflower 4/11/07
- pdoc today. GGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr gazo 4/11/07
- Hey I found an e-mail address for my therapist and Phillipa 4/12/07
- Got a ? about split personalities Happyflower 4/12/07
- i'm happy with the new T gazo 4/13/07
- ((((((jammerlich)))))) gazo 4/13/07
- thoughts about detaching from old T pegasus 4/13/07
- Looooooonely....... I'm Dr Looooooonely zazenduckie 4/13/07
- emotions prose **trigger** muffled 4/13/07
- Daisy? Help! antigua 4/13/07
- Therapy was a bit too much yesterday 10derHeart 4/13/07
- Dear Dr. Gorgeous susan47 4/13/07
- It was freaky PhytoEstrogen 4/13/07
- It's hard to post here Honore 4/13/07
- Help w/T, emotional expression*trigger?* muffled 4/13/07
- let's hear it for self-destruction!! ***trigger** gazo 4/14/07
- criticisms schema therapy gazo 4/14/07
- ......sigh..... transference LittleGirlLost 4/14/07
- Stories littleone 4/14/07
- Oh God, I don't wanna.**trigger RANT** muffled 4/14/07
- it speaks to me gazo 4/15/07
- Behind the tears, the anger scratchpad 4/16/07
- Thing for office?????????????????????????????????? muffled 4/16/07
- Is this STUPID or WHAT?????LOL! muffled 4/16/07
- meh gazo 4/16/07
- feeling like a little kid sunnydays 4/16/07
- Canadagirl!!! DisTraught 4/17/07
- Lurpsed but back LlurpsieNoodle 4/17/07
- my bologna has a first name... LlurpsieNoodle 4/17/07
- anyone got insight on the value of catastophizing? sleepygirl 4/17/07
- help wishingstar 4/17/07
- What was she trying to figure out? peddidle 4/17/07
- Today's Session jammerlich 4/17/07
- S***! I fell for him! DisTraught 4/18/07
- Today is the Day I Tell the PHD I am Switching PDO Phillipa 4/18/07
- fear and loathing on babble ***possible triggers** gazo 4/18/07
- Terminating LlurpsieNoodle 4/18/07
- My T canceled this week TherapyGirl 4/18/07
- random list of stuff that sucks right now LlurpsieNoodle 4/18/07
- Pity party Daisym 4/19/07
Start a new thread
Back to top
Dr. Bob is Robert Hsiung, MD,
Copyright 1998-2007 Robert Hsiung.
Owned and operated by Dr. Bob LLC and not the University of Chicago.