by Dr. Bob
Doing something fun together|
I'm going to be in San Francisco in May. I'd enjoy getting together. Anybody else?
This is a message board for mutual support and education.
It focuses on psychology and psychotherapy: different theoretical orientations and techniques, the therapy process, transference and countertransference, how to find a therapist, etc. Discussion here is not itself psychotherapy.
is devoted to books that posters find useful in addressing their illness or negotiating the complicated therapeutic relationship.
The ones they've
In Session: The Bond Between Women and Their Therapists
by Deborah A. Lott and Marie Cohen
Feeling Good : The New Mood Therapy
by David D. Burns
The Road Less Traveled : A New Psychology of Love, Traditional Values and Spiritual Growth
by M. Scott Peck
Feel free to
the archives or to check out
listings compiled by Psycho-Babble participants of helpful web pages on various topics,
coping with crisis.
If you see a
member, please take a minute to say hi.
They might feel scared, and a warm welcome might help them relax and partake. And they'll be more likely to come back!
Don't necessarily believe everything you hear.
Your mileage may vary.
The only posts I take responsibility for are my own.
In a crisis, please also get help in person.
It's good to give as well as to receive.
What you say may conceivably be used against you.
Submitting a message gives me permission to use it as I wish.
Please be civil.
Start a new thread |
Check for new posts |
More information |
Babblechat : 0
Posts from archive 20040419
- Redirect: inositol Dr. Bob 4/19/04
- Re: Another good song underthecs 4/24/04
- Re: Is the attraction mutual? » BigFish Fallen4MyT 4/22/04
- Re: Sex abuse - effect even if not realized? spoc 4/19/04
- Re: it turned into horrible emotional problems » 1980Monroe Racer 4/19/04
- My psychologist's dog loved that book » MrSandman lonelygirl 4/19/04
- Re: Therapist Questions On Sexuality » spoc Rigby 4/19/04
- Re: Dream interpreters? » spoc Dinah 4/19/04
- Redirect: Cyclothymia and Bipolar 2 Dr. Bob 4/19/04
- Re: Article - Raindancer » DaisyM Raindancer 4/19/04
- Redirect: A bit manic... Dr. Bob 4/19/04
- Re: Distractions when talking on the phone with T shadows721 4/19/04
- Re: Article on Dependency LG04 4/20/04
- Re: Getting a Grip on GUILT shadows721 4/19/04
- Re: Transferance, definition? Dinah 4/19/04
- I have my consultation today crushedout 4/19/04
- Can I talk of suicide here? silmarilone 4/19/04
- Help with psychosis questions DramaGirl 4/19/04
- moodsanxiety/ lamictal and forgetfulness????? lulu louise 4/19/04
- Tinydancer Miss Honeychurch 4/19/04
- Procrastination Workbook (long) lonelygirl 4/19/04
- Darn stupid thing to be happy about. Dinah 4/19/04
- Answer the Question DaisyM 4/19/04
- Recovering/repairing old friendships skeptic 4/20/04
- Introduction, and Should I stay or should I go? LG04 4/20/04
- Darn stupid thing to be upset about Dinah 4/20/04
- Karen, I need an update! DaisyM 4/20/04
- As requested, but are you sure you want it hear? » DaisyM karen_kay 4/21/04
- Re: As requested, but are you sure you want it hear? » karen_kay fallsfall 4/21/04
- Re: As requested, but are you sure you want it hear? pegasus 4/21/04
- wait, you mean i'm not all better? » fallsfall karen_kay 4/21/04
- Re: wait, you mean i'm not all better? » karen_kay Pfinstegg 4/21/04
- Re: wait, you mean i'm not all better? » karen_kay Dinah 4/21/04
- Re: wait, you mean i'm not all better? DaisyM 4/21/04
- Re: wait, you mean i'm not all better? » karen_kay All Done 4/22/04
- Re: As requested, but are you sure you want it hear? Miss Honeychurch 4/22/04
- sorry about delay.. » pegasus karen_kay 4/23/04
- you are SO VERY sweet! » Pfinstegg karen_kay 4/23/04
- Re: sorry about delay.. » karen_kay fallsfall 4/23/04
- hmmmm....*possible trigger?* » Dinah karen_kay 4/23/04
- Re: hmmmm....*possible trigger?* » karen_kay Dinah 4/23/04
- ahhh, sweetie.. » Dinah karen_kay 4/23/04
- Re: ahhh, sweetie.. Dinah 4/24/04
- paranoia dondon 4/20/04
- T's...false sense of security! Speaker 4/20/04
- I'm jealous of my t's other clients.... KindGirl 4/21/04
- anybody tried cbt for depression/anxiety..results? joebob 4/21/04
- I yelled at my therapist Medusa 4/21/04
- Re: SID p.s. « trucker Dr. Bob 4/21/04
- Is this the right forum for therapy option discuss EtktRide 4/22/04
- T's and Vacation?? Speaker 4/22/04
- Bipolar versus depression zefdie 4/22/04
- So much to do...... emmaley 4/22/04
- I told Ellen about the consultation today crushedout 4/22/04
- I think I just quit therapy (long) pegasus 4/22/04
- Not being understood fallsfall 4/22/04
- Group therapy crush tabitha 4/22/04
- Has anyone undergone Somatic Experiencing? judy1 4/23/04
- Ts: Field choice *always* = caring? (from logic) spoc 4/23/04
- How sick do you have to be before hospitalization? holymama 4/23/04
- Group therapy Dinah 4/23/04
- First of two homework questions Dinah 4/23/04
- Second of two homework assignments Dinah 4/23/04
- Try these.... » joebob 64Bowtie 4/24/04
- Hurting therapist's feelings? QuietHeart 4/24/04
- Don't you all kind of wish we could meet? crushedout 4/24/04
- Would it be ok for my T to hold me? crushedout 4/24/04
- started DBT terrics 4/24/04
- Need advice on psychiatric evaluation Camille Dumont 4/24/04
- Growing up in isolation really messed me up 1980Monroe 4/25/04
- just a random thought toomuchpain 4/25/04
- New here -- gratitude (longish) Aphrodite 4/25/04
- new poster lifeworthliving 4/25/04
- feeling depressed Pandabear 4/25/04
- Thought Blocking for Rumination Gaeriel 4/25/04
Start a new thread
Back to top
Dr. Bob is Robert Hsiung, MD,
Copyright 1998-2007 Robert Hsiung.
Owned and operated by Dr. Bob LLC and not the University of Chicago.