Psycho-Babble Medication | about biological treatments | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Re: Codeine for Depression Treatment shelliR

Posted by Elizabeth on May 30, 2001, at 14:08:27

In reply to Re: Codeine for Depression Treatment Elizabeth, posted by shelliR on May 29, 2001, at 21:26:43

> Elizabeth, I'm a bit confused on this one. Are you talking about alcohol as a toxin when used as an antidepressant, or are you talking about a glass of wine with dinner?

I've said it before: "The difference between a medicine and a poison is the dose." (I know that quote comes from somewhere, but I'm not sure where.) Alcohol is an organic solvent and its intoxicant effects are not unlike those of other solvents (ataxia, CNS depression, etc.), although it is *less* toxic than some of the industrial solvents that some people ingest (for some reason). Alcohol overdoses can be lethal, and lethal polydrug overdoses almost always involve alcohol. Long-term overuse can lead to all sorts of organ failure.

The difference between moderation and excess is a crucial one.

-elizabeth


Share
Tweet  

Thread

 

Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post


Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.

 

Start a new thread

 
Google
dr-bob.org www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for
in

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Medication | Framed

poster:Elizabeth thread:64320
URL: http://www.dr-bob.org/babble/20010530/msgs/64756.html