Psycho-Babble Medication | about biological treatments | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Re: stuff Elizabeth

Posted by shelliR on August 2, 2001, at 23:49:33

In reply to stuff shelliR, posted by Elizabeth on August 2, 2001, at 22:43:15

> > subclinical DID"! Did you create a new diagnosis for me :-)
>
> No, it's just a more specific way to describe your DD-NOS. (Sorry to disappoint. < g >)

I think it was Colin Ross who wrote an article about the DD-NOS diagnosis, saying that there were some very distinct diagnosis in that general diagnosis that should be identified on their own. He divided NOS into different categories: one subset: all but MPD, including "co-conscious MPD". I definitely agree with him because I think less people in the institutions known for diagnosing almost everyone with a DD as DID, might be less inclined to do so, if the distinctions were written out clearly.

> > I starting to lose the effect of the oxycontin.
> That's really too bad. I'd heard of several cases where people took opioids, including oxycodone (also morphine, methadone, buprenorphine, and oxymorphone), for depression without becoming tolerant, and I'd hoped that you would have the same good luck. Maybe you could continue it on an intermittent, as-needed basis (as you had been doing with the hydro)?

I have been so depressed during the last few weeks that an as-needed basis would be all the time.
That's why I'm going to start parnate next week; at least that's my plan for today.
>
> > Actually what I have now is the generic of lortab 7.5/500 and it doesn't feel nearly as strong to me.
> Huh. What was the dose in the Vicodin you were taking before? (The most favourable ratio is in Norco 10/325.)
I was taking 7.5/750 of vicodin and 10/500 lortab. Does the APAP affect the condone part? When you say most favorable ratio, do you mean because you are getting less APAP in your body or because the ratio would affect its effects on your depression?
>
> > Maybe that's because I've been taking oxycontin 10mg, bid, so 1/2 of 7.5 doesn't feel the same.
> That seems likely. Oxycodone is definitely stronger than hydrocodone.

Okay, what I still don't understand is this: Isn't 10mg of oxycontin the same as 10mg of vicodin -like 10/500 of vicodin is the same only the vicodin has APAP with the codone?

And same with 10mg vicodin vs 10mg lortab-same amount of synethic codeine, right?


>

Desipramine seems to be working as well as Parnate did for me, without the hypertension and insomnia and the limitations on what other medications I can use to augment it. I was pretty stunned to learn how high my serum level was (could have been a lab error but I doubt it), because I'm not really noticing many side effects.
>

Elizabeth, the desipramine sounds pretty incredible for you. Around what year did desipramine come on the market?

Shelli


Share
Tweet  

Thread

 

Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post


Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.

 

Start a new thread

 
Google
dr-bob.org www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for
in

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Medication | Framed

poster:shelliR thread:67742
URL: http://www.dr-bob.org/babble/20010731/msgs/73221.html