Psycho-Babble Social | for general support | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Re: Dyslexia Gee

Posted by LegWarmers on March 2, 2006, at 17:49:53

In reply to Re: Dyslexia, posted by Gee on March 2, 2006, at 17:03:42

> I just got back from talking with a counsellor here at the school and I have to go through a doctor who will then refere me to a psychologist, which I will have to pay for. Why would I have to go to a doctor first? What kinds of things will he do?

Its unfortunate that you have to pay, usually if they catch these things early on in school it is covered by the school, I think anyway. The doctor will probably try to rule out anything medical and then the psychologist will spend hours with you, maybe even broken up between 2 appointments, asking you questions, testing your general knowledge, (ie who is such and such a person- some historical figure), they will test your emmory skills (ie. give you 5 numbers to repeat, then come back to you LATER, and ask you to tell them the numbers), they will give you puzzles to see how fast and accurately you can do them, and there will be a few math components. It will be much more detailed than that of course, but thats an idea. It is worth doing it, if you are dyslexic and you get it assessed they can help you to find the appropriate study techniques etc. It can only improve things, IF you follow their suggestions.

Good luck and dont worry about the testing! I think you even get to draw pictures ; )




Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post

Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.


Start a new thread

Google www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Social | Framed

poster:LegWarmers thread:614995