Psycho-Babble Medication | about biological treatments | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Re: Prevalence of Lyme in depression = 7 in 1000 ? SLS

Posted by bleauberry on May 3, 2018, at 10:45:13

In reply to Re: Prevalence of Lyme in depression = 7 in 1000 ? bleauberry, posted by SLS on May 2, 2018, at 15:08:27

Scott it was never claimed by me that 9/10 was an accurate number. I claimed that both of the doctors who managed to end my treatment resistant depression thought that was an accurate number. Both of them. And the LLNP also.

9/10 is believed to be an accurate number according to different clinicians I had.

I would say their anecdotal estimates are probably more accurate than any other estimates out there, simply because they are based on extensive experience in real clinical settings.

But as I have said before, whether it is 9/10, 3/10, 6/10, whatever, none of that really matters because none of that will do a thing to help somebody heal. What does matter is that when patients treat themselves as if they had lyme, whether they actually do or not, and most likely they will never know for sure, the outcomes are better. They just are.

Depression and anxiety are way too complicated to address with mono therapies of just psychiatric meds, or just exercise, or just diet, or just amalgam removal, or whatever. Mood is extremely complicated and requires a comprehensive wide spectrum approach, not a targeted approach. We here at babble focus a lot on targeted approaches and I disagree with that. We have plenty of evidence to show that our targeted approaches really aren't that great. Comprehensive is way better. And the best comprehensive approach I have ever seen, heard of, or experienced, is treating lyme whether it exists or not.

> > These calculations are totally flawed, to boot. There are no accurate scientific numbers to work with.
>
> Then how could you possibly offer one? (9/10)
>
>
> > > Initial calculation.
> > >
> > > -----------------------------------
> > >
> > > a) Prevalence of Lyme Disease in the United States = 329,000
> > > https://www.cdc.gov/lyme/stats/humancases.html
> > >
> > > b) Prevalence of Lyme Disease that presents as depression = 40% (0.40)
> > > https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7943444
> > >
> > > c) Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder - 16,200,00
> > > https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/statistics/major-depression.shtml
> > >
> > >
> > > -------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > > Depression cases with Lyme Disease =
> > >
> > > (a x b) / c
> > >
> > > -------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > > (329,000 x 0.40)/16,200,000 = 0.00741 = 0.741% = 7/1000
> > >
> > > -------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> - Scott


Share
Tweet  

Thread

 

Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post


Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.

 

Start a new thread

 
Google
dr-bob.org www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for
in

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Medication | Framed

poster:bleauberry thread:1098431
URL: http://www.dr-bob.org/babble/20180331/msgs/1098498.html