Psycho-Babble Psychology | about psychological treatments | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Re: I know how you feel Angela2

Posted by fairywings on October 23, 2005, at 17:29:12

In reply to I know how you feel, posted by Angela2 on October 22, 2005, at 21:49:04

> I can relate to a lot of what you are saying. I am not a parent or a wife but I understand that part too.
>
> Maybe you are being too hard on your self about"fixing" all your problems that feel like they're weighing down on you right now. Maybe you caould start with small things. Like do one thing that mkaes you happy today. Or promise yourself you will workout for TODAY. You don't have to mkae a lifetime commitment.

Hi angela, thanks for understanding. one of my problems is i can't do things for myself that make me happy because it makes me feel guilty, but you're right, i need to make a commitment to exercise. i'll try to do it one day at a time.
>
> The thing with the kids is a common problem. I think my parents feel a lot like you do.

I love our kids, i spend a lot of time with them, but it gets overwhelming, esp with the boys who go non-stop from 6:30 AM till 10:30 PM, the older has confirmed ADHD, and they both bounce off the walls all evening. I know I shouldn't feel guilty, but i guess it's hard not to with kids and activities, you want them to have a range of activities and experiences, but not at $1,000 for a couple of months! Geeze!
>
> I think that it would be a good thing to get a job. It's scary, but maybe you could find something not so scary? Why don't you have a job, btw?

Right now i'm going to school and want to get a job once our youngest is in school. i don't have a job because we have 4 kids and it's almost a full time job doing what needs to be done with them. Between school, activities, appointments, running all the errands, and all the normal household stuff, I'd have no family time or time for myself, and that would be horrible.

> You say you just stay in all day and are ruining your friendships. Do you want to be friends with these people? Do you feel like you click? If so maybe you could call one or 2 people you like and set a date to get some coffee.

i had friends, but have let things go, i just don't feel like i can manage friendships right now, but it feels bad to have let things go too. one friend really hurt my feelings by introducing me as her "good neighbor", she used to introduce me as her "good friend". She was my best friend. I must not be someone ppl want to hang out with because ppl have been okay with me letting friendships go, so i just feel bad about it right now.

fw


Share
Tweet  

Thread

 

Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post


Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.

 

Start a new thread

 
Google
dr-bob.org www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for
in

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Psychology | Framed

poster:fairywings thread:570614
URL: http://www.dr-bob.org/babble/psycho/20051018/msgs/571072.html