Posted by obsidian on September 7, 2008, at 14:02:28
In reply to Re: What is the opinion of the community on this? » Phillipa, posted by obsidian on September 7, 2008, at 13:28:41
I realize I have some complicated feelings about this, so I'll just throw out a couple of thoughts in case anyone else relates and so some people might not think I am a heartless bitch (you might anyway):
1. I have watched people in my life destroy themselves, and I have realized that there has usually not been all that much I could do about it. I wish it weren't true.
2. I have realized that when certain people have spent their time talking to me about something that it was really someone else they needed to be talking to and/or somewhere else they needed to be
3. The next time I get suicidal, I don't want anyone here to worry about me. I don't want to do that to anyone. I care about you a lot, and I do not wish to add to your struggle.
4. I know that people are not in their "right mind" when they are suicidal. I don't want to end up in a futile attempt to provide reason to someone who can't respond and/or connect to reason.
5. I "feel" suicidal is A LOT different than, "I've got the pills, would you like to watch?"
enough said for now....
may everyone treasure the life they have