Psycho-Babble Medication | about biological treatments | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Re: And if I die before I wake ...

Posted by thankgodfornardil on March 24, 2005, at 11:17:00

In reply to Re: And if I die before I wake ..., posted by thankgodfornardil on March 22, 2005, at 20:23:09

I know you've tried a lot of things and you feel hopeless. But if i were you I would at least consider ECT. It's effective in 90% of cases (though I was in the other 10%). It's not fun, but it doesn't hurt and I see so many people who say it saved their lives. Especially since you're so sensitive to other meds. Also have you tried all the TCA's and the other MAOI's (I know you've tried parnate and nardil). Have you tried going back on the Parnate and adding something like Lamictal or a TCA or an atypical antipsychotic (like Risperdone or Zyprexa)?
Also, is there a way for you to get therapy in addition to the drugs without paying? I know people who live on the streets and are mentally ill and somehow are able to get therapy and meds through some program. Sorry so vague, but there may be options youre not aware of.
Hang in, keep fighting. They're coming out with new treatments all the time.




Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post


Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.


Start a new thread

Google www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Medication | Framed

poster:thankgodfornardil thread:473821