Psycho-Babble Medication | about biological treatments | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Re: Not missinglynxx

Posted by not exactly on February 18, 2003, at 0:49:05

In reply to Not , posted by missinglynxx on February 17, 2003, at 13:30:59

> what kind of problems have you had with the heavy hitters (Effexor, Celexa, Luvox)?
> I figured that would have cured you up by now?

Do you consider these meds to be "heavy hitters" because of their impressive efficacy reputations? Remember, I have "treatment resistive" depression. If there's an AD that cures 95% of the folks that try it, I'll be in the other 5%. Ironically, the drugs that have helped me the most have been ones that generally DON'T help most people, including drugs that failed to get FDA approval for AD use because they weren't considered effective (such as pramipexole & transdermal selegiline).

I've never tried Celexa or Luvox because I had such negative reactions to Prozac & Paxil that I gave up on the entire SSRI category.

However, I DID try Effexor. It produced 100% remission of all my depression symptoms within 12 hours of taking the very first dose, and without any side effects! Unfortunately, over the course of the next week or two, the side effects started to build up, and the antidepressant effectiveness diminished. After a couple of months, I started to wonder if it was still doing me any good at all. So I stopped cold turkey - NO withdrawal symptoms and I began to feel BETTER also immediately after stopping Go figure.

> Oh the Buspar.......Thats one of the most interesting medications on the Planet
> Its a mystery, sure gives EVERYONE a buzzy head,reaction...
> I really thing its valuable Stuff

Yeah, I really want to give Buspar a try, at least to satisfy my curiosity.

- Bob




Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post

Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.


Start a new thread

Google www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Medication | Framed

poster:not exactly thread:137341