Posted by qbsbrown on August 3, 2009, at 17:45:34
In reply to Re: Question about an AD scott, posted by SLS on August 3, 2009, at 17:14:46
> > what day do you say i give 500-600 a go? Today is 400, but basically starting over w/ 200-100-100. Although last 2 days have been 400 of er versions, they act and are totally different.
> > Regards,
> > Brian
> I think the main thing that you should be looking for is stability. I don't think you have been on 400mg long enough to justify an increase. If you had been on a steady dosage for a week, I would say that it was time to go up to 600mg. Since you have not established an equilibrium at 400mg yet, I would suggest that you wait another 3-5 days before moving up. Since you have observed a worsening of your condition in association with Tegretol dosing, I think it makes sense to wait 5 days. What you do now at 400mg might determine how effective the BZD withdrawal strategy is. My advice is to wait 5 days and then try going up to 600mg. In the meantime, do not try to lower your dosage of diazepam, or else you defeat the purpose.
> When do you take your doses of diazepam? Do you take the Tegretol and the diazepam together? I'm just curious.
> - Scott
Yeah, I agree. It has helped many things, much less paranoia, and i was able to eat many foods that i feared (i thought they were worsening symptoms), it allowed me to go to the gym for the first time in more than 2 months. So I have seen the benefits for sure. It was me messing around w/ the dosing that screwed me up. Yesterday was better than the day before, today is better than yesterday etc. So I hope that the storm is calming.
I dose diazepam 3mgs 6am, 3mgs 2pm, 10mgs, 10pm. I am dosing the tegretol at the same time, and I think it is to much benefit. Right now it's 200-100-100.