Posted by TexasChic on July 7, 2008, at 21:34:54
In reply to Re: Well, I made a complaint about my supervisor, posted by Angela2 on July 7, 2008, at 19:16:53
No, I'm not currently seeing a T, I know I should start up again though. However, I've read a lot about bullying, and one thing they say is it tends to happen over and over to a person because they have qualities that attract a bully. Here's what one article says:
Bullies are particularly drawn to people with the following qualities:
* Popularity - This brings out the jealousy side of the bully.
* Intelligence - This only enhances the bullys inadequacies.
* You always give 100% and will do anything to help others - This brings out jealousy In bullies.
* You are imaginative and creative - Again shows the bullies incompetence.
* You have a strong sense of right and wrong - The bully will never admit to being wrong.
* You prefer to talk rather than fight - The bully sees this as a sign of weakness.
* High level of tolerance - The bully will try and break you down through bullying to prove he is stronger than you.
I do continue to keep an eye out for patterns that could be causing this to happen to me over and over, but the more I read about it, the more I think its not me doing anything to cause it. However, there may be a way I can prevent myself from getting in these situations, or maybe learn to spot them earlier on, which would be what a T could help with.