Psycho-Babble Social | for general support | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Re: my question AuntieMel

Posted by ed_uk on March 19, 2005, at 16:42:38

In reply to Re: my question ed_uk, posted by AuntieMel on March 18, 2005, at 12:46:32


>I know you do A-levels if you are college bound, but I never actually got a grip on what it means. What types of courses? What type of exam afterward (I always hear of 'passing the A-levels).

You start A-levels when you're 16 and finish at 18, the first year is called AS, the second year is called A2. Most people do three A-levels, either at school (the one that they've been at since they were 11) or at a 'sixth form' college. You sit exams (usually about 90 minutes) in January and June in the first year to get AS levels, most people continue into the second year to convert their AS levels into A levels. Science subjects consist of six modules, each with a short exam. The final results depend mainly on the exams but there's some 'course work' too, usually practical write-ups for science subjects. Not sure about the arts - I didn't take any!

Best regards,

PS. You don't look stupid at all :-)




Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post

Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.


Start a new thread

Google www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Social | Framed

poster:ed_uk thread:471760