Psycho-Babble Psychology | about psychological treatments | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Re: Seeking Advice/diagnosis

Posted by Racer on November 5, 2006, at 12:58:06

In reply to Seeking Advice/diagnosis, posted by Adrift on November 5, 2006, at 2:02:26

Advice? That's easy -- working with a good therapist can help you get to the bottom of this, and work on getting over it. So, my advice is therapy...

It sounds to me as though it's likely related to your restricted eating. That does tend to go along with obsessionality, especially since you're obsessing about your self -- your body, how others see you, etc. Those are common things in EDs.

So, therapy, and yes -- there are medications that can help. SSRIs can help, and sometimes meds like Seroquel or even Zyprexa (in low doses) are used. But your own psychopharmacologist is the best person to decide what's most likely to help you.

I hope that helps.




Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post

Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.


Start a new thread

Google www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Psychology | Framed

poster:Racer thread:700512