Psycho-Babble Parents | for parents | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Fire In The House

Posted by Susan47 on July 2, 2007, at 14:36:40

My 12 year-old daughter accidentally started a house fire last night.
She had just returned with her dad and her brother from July 1st fireworks. She'd gone to bed and lit a candle for which she'd made this home-made holder. Her dad went in to say good night and instead of making her put out the candle, his judgement was off and he said it was okay if she had it on for a couple of minutes. She fell asleep, it burned through the holder and burnt her clock radio. She woke up when she felt a nudge (!), saw the hole in the radio and the flames, and ran screaming through the house. Woke everybody, her father put out the fire with an extinguisher, but everyone's life is upside-down as a result. We're grateful to be here. Have to move out for a couple of days ... smoke damage needs to be cleaned up. What a frightening experience. What a terrible wake-up call to how vulnerable our children are.




Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post

Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.


Start a new thread

Google www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Parents | Framed

poster:Susan47 thread:767186