Psycho-Babble Medication | about biological treatments | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Re: How do i find a doc who will treat psychosis?

Posted by papillon2 on June 19, 2012, at 20:53:44

In reply to Re: How do i find a doc who will treat psychosis?, posted by bleauberry on June 18, 2012, at 6:13:26

I'd try a university teaching hospital. Many have clinics attached, out of which the professors practice. Professors are more often up to date with the latest, evidence-based treatments, not all of them medical.

It doesn't mean you will be treated by a student, just that your doctor may ask if one of the students can sit in on a session as part of their studies. And it's completely your choice whether or not they do.

Bonus: these clinics often operate on a sliding scale and/or attract government subsidies, making them a lower cost alternative.

It may be different in your country. I am from Australia.

Ring the bells that still can ring
forget your perfect offering
there is a crack in everything
that's how the light gets in
~ Leonard Cohen




Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post

Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.


Start a new thread

Google www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Medication | Framed

poster:papillon2 thread:1019769