Posted by paulbwell on August 9, 2005, at 19:12:24
In reply to Re: Might a stimulant help? » xanablu, posted by ed_uk on August 4, 2005, at 13:28:53
> Hi Xanablu,
> >methamphetamine is the most potent and 'out there' stimulant........
> AFAIK, methamphetamine isn't normally any more 'alerting' than Dexedrine. It's often very euphoric when given by non-oral (!) routes of administration but so are other amphetamines.
> Methamphetamine may be more neurotoxic than amphetamine. In addition, methamphetamine appears to stimulate serotonin release to a greater extent than amphetamine.
> Unlike Dexedrine and Adderall, Desoxyn is not a well-established treatment for ADHD.
> >And, have u any personal experience w/stims?
> No. Stimulants are not prescribed (to adults) in the UK, except under exceptional circumstances eg. severe narcolepsy.
> Kind regards
Hi Ya Ed!
A users perspective:
Ok here goes (sorry for being late, pharmacy NEVER EVER has desoxyn in stock):
Generic Dexedrine Spansules (barr labs):
- MUCH more motivation increase than Desoxyn.
- Spansules last 10 hours.
- Generic Spansules have a smooth "come down" at the end of the day, unlike immediate release Dexedrine.
- Increased heart rate (darn)
- No hunger.
- Wakes you the hell up!
- Strong stuff, Hits hard (good if you have MASSIVE tolerance to regular stimulants)
- VERY LITTLE increases in heart rate (nice!)
- No motivation increase.
- Only comes in immediate release, so it lasts only 4 hours per dose.
- At the end of day gives a bad "come down". (Nervousness, Anxiety, Depression, Crappy Feelings.)
- Totally NO hunger...anorexia in a pill