Psycho-Babble Medication | about biological treatments | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Re: Moving to The Netherlands -- Alohashirt

Posted by TheOutsider on January 30, 2005, at 15:30:24

In reply to Re: Moving to The Netherlands -- Alohashirt, posted by alohashirt on January 30, 2005, at 12:40:30

Are there a pool of potential psychiatrists that
> your GP can refer you to? Are you looking NHS or private? Are there clinics that specialize in your condition?

Hey Alohashirt

Thanks for your prompt reply

I'm afraid that Psychiatry in the UK is far less open than in the US, so there is no equivalent of the link you gave me.

I have long ago given up on getting any kind of help on the NHS, in my experience the standard of NHS Pdocs is usualy very poor, although you can get good ones if your lucky!

I am currently looking for a decent private doctor.
Unfortunatly Social Anxiety does not seem to be taken very seriesly in the UK, so as far as I know there are no clinics that specialise in it.
There might possibly be clinics that specilise in anxiety disorders, but there are none that specilise in social anxiety.

I am currently seeing a Pdoc who is supposed to be top of his field in the UK, but even he has no idea how to treat social anxiety (!)

I'm seriesly thinking about traveling to the US to get treatment, but I'm still reluctant because of all the effort involved and the cost.




Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post

Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.


Start a new thread

Google www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Medication | Framed

poster:TheOutsider thread:449901