Psycho-Babble Medication | about biological treatments | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Re: Night jerks.......

Posted by Mary on May 10, 1999, at 0:22:58

In reply to Night jerks......., posted by PattyG on May 9, 1999, at 18:43:43

Dear Patty:
The night jerks you speak of are called Myoclonus, or Myoclonic seizures. Most everyone has experienced a myoclonic jerk ( kind of the falling feeling and then you jolt). However what you describe is more than the ever so often jerking. Especially with the jaw clenching, that can be classified as bruxisum. If you can talk you husbands into a doctors visit and a dentist visit maybe they can help. I myself have the disorder and I wear a mouth piece which helps the clenching and I have fewer headaches if I wear it reguarly, not to mention saving my teeth, knashing of the jaw and teeth is not good for any reason. As far as the body movements the doctors will be able to help if their is a problem. You did not mention if either husband was on any medicatons that maybe causing these as side effects. I'll check back later to see, and don't feel bad about all the post, as you can see I too hit the enter button to soon, and posted just my name the first time. Best to you Mary




Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post

Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.


Start a new thread

Google www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Medication | Framed

poster:Mary thread:5799