Psycho-Babble Politics Thread 1105306

Shown: posts 17 to 41 of 41. Go back in thread:

 

Re: Those 4

Posted by alexandra_k on July 24, 2019, at 23:39:45

In reply to Re: Those 4, posted by alexandra_k on July 24, 2019, at 23:25:57

https://teara.govt.nz/en/photograph/26441/barriers-on-grafton-bridge

So this is a bridge by a hospital. They need to put up suicide barriers on bridges close to hospitals to help prevent the psychiatric people from jumping off the nearest bridge when 'no speak English' psychiatrists discharge them into... Unpalatable... Situations.

Anyway, my point is that there are various perspex or glass ceiling barrier wall types of structures about the city. They are all covered with this... Black mould. I think that is what it is. Sometimes it makes... Florets? Splotches or mould growth. Othertimes it is just a layer... I suppose it is possible the black dusty stuff is pollution from traffic... But it seems to me to be worse at certain times of the year. Like now. When humidity is high and the temperature is cold. Cold damp. It is a nasty cold damp that gets into your bones. Aspergilloma... Can get into your bones, apparently. So I'm not just imagining it...

I think that is what it is.

It is a.. Damp vegetation rotting kind of a thing... The native bush.. If you walk through the domain. The park. Similar thing with rotting logs. A black damp layer of mold on everything.

It is the only thing that seems to grow, here.

 

Re: Those 4

Posted by sigismund on July 25, 2019, at 14:44:42

In reply to Re: Those 4, posted by alexandra_k on July 24, 2019, at 23:39:45

They could have said if they respected us with the truth......

'Yeah, sure, the world population needs to be cut by 80%. The poor and the coloured need to die, we need to dig this sh*t up before it becomes a stranded asset. Later we will do the obvious, including fortifying the borders. You will be safe enough.'

The lies are so offensive. Now I see that the sh*t hole countries are sending all the goods to be recycled back. And recycling is almost nothing. Clean public drinking water and good public transport (Japan) would actually do something, rather than shipping it to China and back again.

Nihilism + cynicism + Christian fascist racism.

 

Re: Those 4

Posted by beckett2 on July 25, 2019, at 20:29:33

In reply to Re: Those 4, posted by sigismund on July 25, 2019, at 14:44:42

> They could have said if they respected us with the truth......
>
> 'Yeah, sure, the world population needs to be cut by 80%. The poor and the coloured need to die, we need to dig this sh*t up before it becomes a stranded asset. Later we will do the obvious, including fortifying the borders. You will be safe enough.'
>
> The lies are so offensive. Now I see that the sh*t hole countries are sending all the goods to be recycled back. And recycling is almost nothing. Clean public drinking water and good public transport (Japan) would actually do something, rather than shipping it to China and back again.
>
> Nihilism + cynicism + Christian fascist racism.


This makes trump a truthful president. If hes re elected, I will need to accept that well wear it.

Today the federal government restarted the death penalty. I wonder if Jeffery Epstein would be eligible. That is the only humor I can find in this dismal decision.


 

Re: Those 4

Posted by sigismund on July 26, 2019, at 13:04:55

In reply to Re: Those 4, posted by beckett2 on July 25, 2019, at 20:29:33

> I will need to accept that well wear it.

That is what I think about Scottie. After the third Liberal government and the economic downturn blaming Labor for the economy will wear a bit thin.

But there is some joy for Liberal voters. Income management for people on benefits with debit cards usable only at Coles and Woolworths gives satisfaction to the employed poor, petit bourgeois, who, in deference to 'wealth creation' begrudge social security and see no need for taxes on the wealthy.

The social inclusion of Peruvian Independence Day could be an example for our countries, if social inclusion is what is wanted.

 

Re: Those 4

Posted by sigismund on July 26, 2019, at 13:26:21

In reply to Re: Those 4, posted by sigismund on July 26, 2019, at 13:04:55

The work-for-the-dole scheme is designed to develop the skills of the unemployed, so it is asserted.

One participant made a full scale guillotine.

 

Re: Those 4 sigismund

Posted by beckett2 on July 27, 2019, at 2:26:46

In reply to Re: Those 4, posted by sigismund on July 26, 2019, at 13:26:21

> The work-for-the-dole scheme is designed to develop the skills of the unemployed, so it is asserted.
>
> One participant made a full scale guillotine.

Id love to see the guillotine. Is there a picture.

 

Re: Those 4

Posted by beckett2 on July 27, 2019, at 2:30:08

In reply to Re: Those 4, posted by sigismund on July 26, 2019, at 13:04:55

This is America.

https://youtu.be/KVkwUU3TLUE

 

Re: Those 4

Posted by sigismund on July 27, 2019, at 7:26:58

In reply to Re: Those 4, posted by beckett2 on July 27, 2019, at 2:30:08

Tried and tested in Australia first, thanks to Rupert with 'turn back the boats'.

The Liberals claimed humanitarian motivation by preventing deaths at sea. This was not a complete lie, but cruelty was nevertheless the point. (I have not read the article in the Atlantic). There were complementary options for easing the problem recommended by a government enquiry, not implemented.

From Guatemala? Coup there. 1953? Honduras? (thanks Hilary and Barack). Nicaragua? (Thanks Ronnie) El Salvador? (Who did that?) My geography is gets rusty further down, history is bunk. Some feeling of culpability rejected for not fitting the desired set-image. This is like Snow White. Nothing can make the mirror tell us that we are sufficiently fair, and we cannot hide this evil from ourselves. Those whom we have attacked must shoulder the blame as well. The curious attractiveness of those from sh*t hole countries, like Joseph, Mary and Jesus.

 

Re: Those 4

Posted by sigismund on July 27, 2019, at 7:42:28

In reply to Re: Those 4, posted by sigismund on July 27, 2019, at 7:26:58

Who wants to look like Saturn devouring his children? It is becoming apt.

 

Modest Proposal from work for the dole

Posted by sigismund on July 27, 2019, at 7:56:52

In reply to Re: Those 4, posted by sigismund on July 27, 2019, at 7:42:28

https://www.facebook.com/occupycentrelink/photos/a.939559819448040/2867337250003611?type=3&sfns=mo

Not just for the unemployed either. The poor, the refugees we hate for shaming us......not so far away from 'useless eaters' (Adolf), those we hate for proving our envy.

The mobilisation of the petit bourgeoisie was basic to the coalition victory. People even turned up to Centrelink after the election asking for their franking credits.

 

Re: Modest Proposal from work for the dole

Posted by alexandra_k on July 27, 2019, at 20:41:51

In reply to Modest Proposal from work for the dole, posted by sigismund on July 27, 2019, at 7:56:52

I don't really know what the problem is...

I see lots of people who would very genuinely love to have some meaningful work. To produce / make something and to have a fair wage and to feel like they are part of makings good things and making things better.

There just doesn't seem to be any kind of work, like that.

So the kids are forced into tertiary education of some variety or other... Where any kind of productive research output is squashed by advisors or supervisors who think that research school is all about them keeping slaves for as long as they can get away with it...

Where the grades are... Rather randomly assigned. Where the competent kids are failed and the incompetent kids are passed...

Where frictional unemployment is 1 year... 2 years... Where you will be required to undergo testing which is designed to have you feel badly...

All designed to have you accept...

COnsiderably less than a fair wage. For a dead-end job. To constantly grease grovel and suck up to incompletent supervisors whose main aim in life is the micro-mismanagement of others which involves nobody producing or accomplishing anything... Not on their watch.

While they collect up all the resources for themselves and their cronies.

Survival of the other-focused bullies.. Taking all the stuff and preventing productivity.

Seems to be the kiwi way.

Work for the dole doesn't work here. Because nobody wants anybody to do any work. You are all supposed to stand in a circle facing inwards (to prevent being stabbed in the back). Warily scanning... Scanning... Scanning... For teh person in charge who will set you busy-work or emotionally respond to me thus and so busy-work on demand. It's all about making them feel... Important. Productive. Needed. While they take up all the money and refuse to allow...

People to focus on their own work.

Sigh.

Awful country run by awful people.

If there is different here...

Where did it go?

I am trying to remember where I left it...

 

Re: Modest Proposal from work for the dole

Posted by alexandra_k on July 28, 2019, at 15:25:22

In reply to Re: Modest Proposal from work for the dole, posted by alexandra_k on July 27, 2019, at 20:41:51

We have some public works about. There is this wall in my home town. A concrete retaining wall, I guess you call it. To hold the steep slope / to prevent landslide. Apparently it was built after the war. When the men came back from the war. To give them work to do. I don't think it was 'work for the dole' but it was a project the government decided to... Advance(?)... Which involved the government choosing to employ people with genuine jobs.

I thought that was what the government was for. One of the functions of government. To create jobs for the people. That was a way of it distributing the wealth that it has for the common good.

Things like public schools and social houses and police stations and fire stations and hospitals and the like... Roads and so on... The infrastructure for society. Libraries. Town halls. Community centres...

But these things don't get built anymore, seems to me.

Instead... We have a few people the government gives much money to and the government is unwilling to fund meaningful honest good jobs for the people. We don't have firemen as government jobs, here. THey are 'volunteers'. Nurses and teachers are not valued / respected / remunerated such that good people want to work in those fields. There isn't career advancement for good work...

This idea of 'work for the dole'... Is that just an idea of the government not paying people minimum wage for jobs created by the government?

Why cant' the government arrange for good honest jobs creating good honest things that are for the good of the people in the country... And maybe even tourist destinations for the people overseas?

WHy can't teh government do it's job to promote GDP?

I just don't understand the level of incompetence / ineptitude / corruption...

I don't understand it, at all.

 

Re: Those 4 sigismund

Posted by beckett2 on July 28, 2019, at 20:20:33

In reply to Re: Those 4, posted by sigismund on July 27, 2019, at 7:26:58

> Tried and tested in Australia first, thanks to Rupert with 'turn back the boats'.
>
> The Liberals claimed humanitarian motivation by preventing deaths at sea. This was not a complete lie, but cruelty was nevertheless the point. (I have not read the article in the Atlantic). There were complementary options for easing the problem recommended by a government enquiry, not implemented.
>
> From Guatemala? Coup there. 1953? Honduras? (thanks Hilary and Barack). Nicaragua? (Thanks Ronnie) El Salvador? (Who did that?) My geography is gets rusty further down, history is bunk. Some feeling of culpability rejected for not fitting the desired set-image. This is like Snow White. Nothing can make the mirror tell us that we are sufficiently fair, and we cannot hide this evil from ourselves. Those whom we have attacked must shoulder the blame as well. The curious attractiveness of those from sh*t hole countries, like Joseph, Mary and Jesus.

I think El Salvador was Bush senior

 

Re: Modest Proposal from work for the dole

Posted by beckett2 on July 28, 2019, at 20:24:05

In reply to Re: Modest Proposal from work for the dole, posted by alexandra_k on July 28, 2019, at 15:25:22

NZ doesnt have paid firefighters at all? Are there forest fires there?

>We have some public works about. There is this wall in my home town. A concrete retaining wall, I guess you call it. To hold the steep slope / to prevent landslide. Apparently it was built after the war. When the men came back from the war. To give them work to do. I don't think it was 'work for the dole' but it was a project the government decided to... Advance(?)... Which involved the government choosing to employ people with genuine jobs.
>
> I thought that was what the government was for. One of the functions of government. To create jobs for the people. That was a way of it distributing the wealth that it has for the common good.
>
> Things like public schools and social houses and police stations and fire stations and hospitals and the like... Roads and so on... The infrastructure for society. Libraries. Town halls. Community centres...
>
> But these things don't get built anymore, seems to me.
>
> Instead... We have a few people the government gives much money to and the government is unwilling to fund meaningful honest good jobs for the people. We don't have firemen as government jobs, here. THey are 'volunteers'. Nurses and teachers are not valued / respected / remunerated such that good people want to work in those fields. There isn't career advancement for good work...
>
> This idea of 'work for the dole'... Is that just an idea of the government not paying people minimum wage for jobs created by the government?
>
> Why cant' the government arrange for good honest jobs creating good honest things that are for the good of the people in the country... And maybe even tourist destinations for the people overseas?
>
> WHy can't teh government do it's job to promote GDP?
>
> I just don't understand the level of incompetence / ineptitude / corruption...
>
> I don't understand it, at all.

 

Re: Modest Proposal from work for the dole

Posted by sigismund on July 29, 2019, at 6:15:44

In reply to Re: Modest Proposal from work for the dole, posted by beckett2 on July 28, 2019, at 20:24:05

Another work for the dole lot made a gallows.

Is this what can be called a meme?

 

Re: Modest Proposal from work for the dole

Posted by sigismund on July 29, 2019, at 14:39:07

In reply to Re: Modest Proposal from work for the dole, posted by sigismund on July 29, 2019, at 6:15:44

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/29/the-governments-plan-to-have-no-policies-is-working-better-than-anyone-could-have-imagined

 

Tom Waits

Posted by sigismund on July 31, 2019, at 6:26:48

In reply to Re: Modest Proposal from work for the dole, posted by sigismund on July 29, 2019, at 14:39:07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_pWpW4JlrM

 

Re: Modest Proposal from work for the dole sigismund

Posted by beckett2 on July 31, 2019, at 16:49:07

In reply to Re: Modest Proposal from work for the dole, posted by sigismund on July 29, 2019, at 14:39:07

> https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/29/the-governments-plan-to-have-no-policies-is-working-better-than-anyone-could-have-imagined

These types must have a newsletter that updates their playbooks. On a larger and more advance degree, this is happening in the US.

Part of horribleness at our border is due to incompetence and lack of policy. The intent is not care.

 

Re: Tom Waits sigismund

Posted by Beckett2 on August 1, 2019, at 0:48:26

In reply to Tom Waits, posted by sigismund on July 31, 2019, at 6:26:48

Thank you, I love Tom Waits and hadnt seen this. Must admit to the poignancy of the cheap trump flags. Doesnt take much to get me teary these days.

 

Re: Modest Proposal from work for the dole beckett2

Posted by sigismund on August 1, 2019, at 6:56:01

In reply to Re: Modest Proposal from work for the dole sigismund, posted by beckett2 on July 31, 2019, at 16:49:07

>The intent is not care.

That we know. Then it is the sacrifices our brave officers make to keep us safe, Eastern Europe and so on..

This mural has been painted at Bondi Beach.....https://www.sbs.com.au/news/artist-behind-controversial-bondi-mural-defends-statement-on-treatment-of-asylum-seekers

 

Re: Modest Proposal from work for the dole

Posted by sigismund on August 1, 2019, at 6:58:35

In reply to Re: Modest Proposal from work for the dole beckett2, posted by sigismund on August 1, 2019, at 6:56:01

Artist reveals the meaning of the mural!

Anyway the 27 (?) get a name and a place until it is painted over.

 

Re: Modest Proposal from work for the dole

Posted by alexandra_k on August 1, 2019, at 11:51:22

In reply to Re: Modest Proposal from work for the dole, posted by sigismund on August 1, 2019, at 6:58:35

http://fireandemergency.nz/volunteering/being-a-volunteer/

we have done away with jobs. we have 'volunteer' positions which are like jobs, except often the volunteers pay the employers. for things like uniforms (clothes) and training and so on.

it is a way of having people take out loans in order to work.

it is working for... uh... someone.

the government. or something.

something like that.

 

Re: Modest Proposal from work for the dole

Posted by alexandra_k on August 1, 2019, at 11:56:14

In reply to Re: Modest Proposal from work for the dole, posted by alexandra_k on August 1, 2019, at 11:51:22

and then if people bitch about slavery (as they might do, here, since it can't be silenced by shaming the remark (rightly or wrongly) as 'racist') they can point out that it is not slavery at all.

it is voluntary.

volunteering.

that's how our health system works (or does not work) too.

people struck off registers for malpractice overseas can continue their malpratice here. depending on how severely you want to malpractice / depending on the intensity of your urges and desires you might just pay them for the privaledge. no?

 

Re: Modest Proposal from work for the dole

Posted by alexandra_k on August 1, 2019, at 12:02:32

In reply to Re: Modest Proposal from work for the dole, posted by alexandra_k on August 1, 2019, at 11:56:14

the cartoon was brilliant, as always. yeah. that's what public health is. it sums it up. the tokenism of the jobs that are offered. the... nice well intentioned lovely but incompetent people they employ for those jobs. the... murder-her-in-her-sleep sort of response to anybody pointing out the incompetence or ineptitude of people hired to do various things...

i was reading this novel by a melbourne lawyer... i didn't take to it but there was a phrase that stuck with me. my brain ended up warping it out of context into something entirely different and it became...

in order for me to succeed i don't need to pursue success directly. all i need is for my success to be tied to the failure of people whose failure is inevitable.

i think that is the genuine life strategy of many. they don't need their kids to have terrific teachers... they just need other kids to have terrible ones. and so on... with x or y or z in charge of whatever public health campaign... we are bound to see INCREASES in sales for the things they are trying to prevent consumption of.

the campaigns about sugary drinks are often designed (don't think about oranges!) to sell sugary drinks. that's how come the most inept kids mop up the grades in the public health courses (now i must be murdered in my sleep surely)...

more to the point that's why i'm repeatedly failed, these days...

sigh.

 

Re: Modest Proposal from work for the dole

Posted by alexandra_k on August 1, 2019, at 12:08:43

In reply to Re: Modest Proposal from work for the dole, posted by alexandra_k on August 1, 2019, at 12:02:32

i do hope the private sector claims me. i hope there is something... genuine... an attempt to have and protect something genuine. in the face of a tragedy of commons world where governments (particularly of developing countries at the *ss end of nowhere) are the worst offenders when it comes to preventing the social/economic/intellectual development of their people.

our government has decided to turn this country into gamma baby land. promote alcohol consumption for teenagers and oxygen deprivation programs for neonates. repeated head injury with no helmet for kids of all ages.

then you get a population who only accumulates debt during their lifetime.

the government wants to grow the population here and doesn't want anybody leaving.

my last passport expired after only 2 years.

i am genuinely fearful that if i apply for another one they won't process my passport


This is the end of the thread.


Show another thread

URL of post in thread:


Psycho-Babble Politics | Extras | FAQ


[dr. bob] Dr. Bob is Robert Hsiung, MD, bob@dr-bob.org

Script revised: February 4, 2008
URL: http://www.dr-bob.org/cgi-bin/pb/mget.pl
Copyright 2006-17 Robert Hsiung.
Owned and operated by Dr. Bob LLC and not the University of Chicago.