Psycho-Babble Psychology Thread 642716

Shown: posts 1 to 21 of 21. This is the beginning of the thread.

 

How come both my Ts didn't like me?

Posted by orchid on May 11, 2006, at 16:53:38

I think I am the cursed one. Neither of my Ts liked me much. And neither of them were warm or caring. In fact I don't think they really bothered too much about me - they just bothered about their job.

REading other therapist's stories here makes me little envious. And also makes me feel sad why am I the cursed one?

The second T said she liked me - but only in the last session. I think she just said that to ease my mind. I know personally she didn't feel anything towards me.

And the first, he couldn't have cared less. I don't think it would have mattered to him even if I died.

All your Ts sound so much more caring. And I am wondering why I am the cursed one.

 

Oh well. Ignore the above post please.

Posted by orchid on May 11, 2006, at 17:10:52

In reply to How come both my Ts didn't like me?, posted by orchid on May 11, 2006, at 16:53:38

These kind of questions are pointless.

 

Re: Oh well. Ignore the above post please. orchid

Posted by curtm on May 11, 2006, at 18:07:03

In reply to Oh well. Ignore the above post please., posted by orchid on May 11, 2006, at 17:10:52

>> These kind of questions are pointless.

** I disagree. My questions and comments are the most pointless and humorously dry. You're not even close.

Make up a story for me please.

Your two Ts are trapped in an elevator together on the 13th floor (no one else is in it.) They never met each other before...

you take it from there...

 

Re: How come both my Ts didn't like me? orchid

Posted by wishingstar on May 11, 2006, at 20:53:49

In reply to How come both my Ts didn't like me?, posted by orchid on May 11, 2006, at 16:53:38

Orchird, I'm sorry youve had such experiences that have felt so uncaring. It really can be hurtful, I know. However, I dont think there is anything wrong with you. As we all know, there are just some bad therapists out there, and some we dont click with. It sounds like both of yours fell into one of those categories.

Here lately, I'm really starting to feel envious of other's Ts too. Most of them sound so wonderful. I guess some of us are just unlucky!

 

I interviewed therapists orchid

Posted by Racer on May 11, 2006, at 21:56:42

In reply to How come both my Ts didn't like me?, posted by orchid on May 11, 2006, at 16:53:38

Orchid, the two best therapists I have had were both after searching through a lot of others. I know something about what I need, because I'm old enough to know how easy it is for me to talk around an issue, so I could get a sense of many Ts over the telephone. Those that sounded OK, I scheduled an appointment with, making it clear that this was an interview, not a job offer. And, I kept looking until I found one who fit.

Now, in my case, it was particularly hard to find anyone appropriate. My dx included restricting type anorexia, I was over 40, and I was underweight at the time I was looking. One therapist told me that I wouldn't find anyone, because no one wanted to take on an adult anorexic -- "because people with anorexia *die*!" Not helpful. She, by the way, wouldn't have scheduled an interview even had I wanted to.

It's hard, it feels hopeless, it can be a bit expensive, but interviewing therapists is the best way to find someone you'll work well with.

And, as someone else mentioned, there are a lot of bad therapists out there. There are also a lot of "Bad-For-Me-Right-Now" therapists out there. And, of course, just plain "Bad-For-Me" therapists, too.

I hope that helps. Good luck.

 

Re: Oh well. Ignore the above post please. curtm

Posted by B2chica on May 12, 2006, at 10:01:46

In reply to Re: Oh well. Ignore the above post please. orchid, posted by curtm on May 11, 2006, at 18:07:03

> Make up a story for me please.
>
> Your two Ts are trapped in an elevator together on the 13th floor (no one else is in it.) They never met each other before...
>
> you take it from there...

i think both T's were given sodium pentathol (truth serum) before they entered the elevator, the cable is starting to break, orchid had 15 minutes to ask them ANYTHING she wants and they HAVE TO ANSWER for you see SHE and only SHE has the key to opening the doors and setting them free or whoops maybe the key gets dropped on the floor and falls down a crack???

...go on...

 

Re: Oh well. Ignore the above post please. B2chica

Posted by curtm on May 12, 2006, at 11:54:37

In reply to Re: Oh well. Ignore the above post please. curtm, posted by B2chica on May 12, 2006, at 10:01:46

[Chapter II]
Ordhid is talking to the two Ts by on the emergency telephone because she is smart enough to NOT be in the elevator with the with the key. What if it fell into a crack? Then she would plummet to her death with them, and nobody would want that.

The phone rings loudly. T#1 picks it up and starts screaming, "Help!! Someone get ME out of here" (see, he doesn't care about the other guy, either.)

T#2 strips the phone from his hand and cries, "Mommy! Mommy! I want my mommy!"

Orchid replies "Shut the hell up, or you'll never get out of this alive. You must answer these THREE questions, or I'll drop this key into this crack."

your turn...

 

Re: Oh well. Ignore the above post please. curtm

Posted by B2chica on May 12, 2006, at 12:48:48

In reply to Re: Oh well. Ignore the above post please. B2chica, posted by curtm on May 12, 2006, at 11:54:37

no i didn't clarify sorry. i was picturing orchid standing (safely) outside the silver elevator doors.
and that's why if they didn't answer her like she would like, then whoops the key could 'accidently' fall... (sinister laugh here)

(LOVE T1 and T2 comments)...

ORCHID
you MUST tell me your true feelings about me, if you lie...oh, i'll know (just then one of the entwined cables snaps and the elevator moves slightly sending a rush of panic into both T1 and 2.

T1 say that he had always cared about her, that he acted horribly but it was because he didn't know how to respond to his feelings of care and warmth toward her. he was scared...(that's of course no excuse)

T2 (still crying for his mommy)

your turn....

 

btw orchid... B2chica

Posted by B2chica on May 12, 2006, at 12:51:17

In reply to Re: Oh well. Ignore the above post please. curtm, posted by B2chica on May 12, 2006, at 12:48:48

(((orchid))) sweetie.
i don't mean to make light of a frustrating and painful situation for you. sometimes i like to lash out. and it gets me so mad that you are feeling this way because of those two "bobbleheads".(or perferable explicative)

please, i don't mean ANY disrespect by saying what i'm saying and Please let me know if it is even slightly offending you.

please take care of yourself.
i truly care about you.
b2c.

 

Thing is, both were good Ts. Just didn't care much

Posted by orchid on May 12, 2006, at 13:14:23

In reply to btw orchid... B2chica, posted by B2chica on May 12, 2006, at 12:51:17

I don't have regrets about their expertise. But why the hell couldn't they care a little about me!!!

 

B2Chica Curtm - you guys are too funny :-)

Posted by orchid on May 12, 2006, at 13:18:22

In reply to Re: Oh well. Ignore the above post please. curtm, posted by B2chica on May 12, 2006, at 12:48:48

> no i didn't clarify sorry. i was picturing orchid standing (safely) outside the silver elevator doors.
> and that's why if they didn't answer her like she would like, then whoops the key could 'accidently' fall... (sinister laugh here)
>
> (LOVE T1 and T2 comments)...
>
> ORCHID
> you MUST tell me your true feelings about me, if you lie...oh, i'll know (just then one of the entwined cables snaps and the elevator moves slightly sending a rush of panic into both T1 and 2.
>
> T1 say that he had always cared about her, that he acted horribly but it was because he didn't know how to respond to his feelings of care and warmth toward her. he was scared...(that's of course no excuse)
>
> T2 (still crying for his mommy)
>
> your turn....


This lightened up my day :-)
Thanks for the fun.
I sure don't mind. It was very refreshing to read.

 

You think I would ever go to a T again? :-) Racer

Posted by orchid on May 12, 2006, at 13:20:26

In reply to I interviewed therapists orchid, posted by Racer on May 11, 2006, at 21:56:42

> Orchid, the two best therapists I have had were both after searching through a lot of others. I know something about what I need, because I'm old enough to know how easy it is for me to talk around an issue, so I could get a sense of many Ts over the telephone. Those that sounded OK, I scheduled an appointment with, making it clear that this was an interview, not a job offer. And, I kept looking until I found one who fit.
>
> Now, in my case, it was particularly hard to find anyone appropriate. My dx included restricting type anorexia, I was over 40, and I was underweight at the time I was looking. One therapist told me that I wouldn't find anyone, because no one wanted to take on an adult anorexic -- "because people with anorexia *die*!" Not helpful. She, by the way, wouldn't have scheduled an interview even had I wanted to.
>
> It's hard, it feels hopeless, it can be a bit expensive, but interviewing therapists is the best way to find someone you'll work well with.
>
> And, as someone else mentioned, there are a lot of bad therapists out there. There are also a lot of "Bad-For-Me-Right-Now" therapists out there. And, of course, just plain "Bad-For-Me" therapists, too.
>
> I hope that helps. Good luck.


Thanks for your input. But I am not planning to return to a T in this lifetime. Maybe in the next. :-)

 

Re: Thing is, both were good Ts. Just didn't care much

Posted by curtm on May 12, 2006, at 13:23:13

In reply to Thing is, both were good Ts. Just didn't care much, posted by orchid on May 12, 2006, at 13:14:23

They couldn't afford to allow themselves to become to close because they feared that in some way they might expose their own secret lustful feelings they have for each other.

 

Re: Thing is, both were good Ts. Just didn't care much curtm

Posted by orchid on May 12, 2006, at 13:25:55

In reply to Re: Thing is, both were good Ts. Just didn't care much, posted by curtm on May 12, 2006, at 13:23:13

> They couldn't afford to allow themselves to become to close because they feared that in some way they might expose their own secret lustful feelings they have for each other.


>>For Each Othere?

They haven't met each other :-) And the first was a guy and the second was a woman:-)


 

Who's turn is it anyway? (nm)

Posted by curtm on May 12, 2006, at 13:39:34

In reply to B2Chica Curtm - you guys are too funny :-), posted by orchid on May 12, 2006, at 13:18:22

 

Re: How come both my Ts didn't like me? orchid

Posted by LadyBug on May 12, 2006, at 14:32:45

In reply to How come both my Ts didn't like me?, posted by orchid on May 11, 2006, at 16:53:38

Could it have been that the two T. s that you saw might not have been a good mathch for you? Becasue from what I know of you, I think you are very intelligent and kind. I'm sorry that this is hurting you rightnow. It does matter to us if we are liked or not, I know how that feels. I bugged my T. forever to find out how she felt towards me. I wanted her to love me, I still do.
LadyBug

 

Re: How come both my Ts didn't like me? LadyBug

Posted by orchid on May 12, 2006, at 14:40:28

In reply to Re: How come both my Ts didn't like me? orchid, posted by LadyBug on May 12, 2006, at 14:32:45

Thanks LadyBug.

Perhaps you are right. Both my Ts were intellectually very good, (I mean the logical thinking as such), but both of them were emotion less people. They never got emotional even little bit, and I think they are perhaps that way to all their clients, and not just me. It is just their type I think perhaps.

I get along better with people who are more senti and emotional I think. And perhaps not the hardcore logical types.

Maybe it is a question of match. I think I just found and stuck with ones who I thought were intelligent, but forgot to give importance to their capacity to feel.

 

Re: How come both my Ts didn't like me? wishingstar

Posted by orchid on May 12, 2006, at 14:46:24

In reply to Re: How come both my Ts didn't like me? orchid, posted by wishingstar on May 11, 2006, at 20:53:49

Thanks wishingstar for your understanding and caring. It really helps.

 

Re: Who's turn is it anyway? curtm

Posted by orchid on May 12, 2006, at 14:48:38

In reply to Who's turn is it anyway? (nm), posted by curtm on May 12, 2006, at 13:39:34

I guess mine, though right now, nothing comes to my mind. Except maybe, if there is a way to throw the key into the crack (of course accidentally what do you think :-) ) and then make the elevator stand still hung up high in the air for a long time and make the elevator a torture chamber -- hmmm.. that might be nice :-)

 

Re: Who's turn is it anyway? orchid

Posted by curtm on May 12, 2006, at 14:55:07

In reply to Re: Who's turn is it anyway? curtm, posted by orchid on May 12, 2006, at 14:48:38

I think there is still the question of how the two Ts were "coincidentally" in the same elevator at the same time. What or who caused the elevator to stop? Why did the cable fail? Do you think that it was foulplay?

We may never know...

 

atta girl orchid!!! (nm) orchid

Posted by B2chica on May 12, 2006, at 15:09:53

In reply to Re: Who's turn is it anyway? curtm, posted by orchid on May 12, 2006, at 14:48:38


This is the end of the thread.


Show another thread

URL of post in thread:


Psycho-Babble Psychology | Extras | FAQ


[dr. bob] Dr. Bob is Robert Hsiung, MD, bob@dr-bob.org

Script revised: February 4, 2008
URL: http://www.dr-bob.org/cgi-bin/pb/mget.pl
Copyright 2006-17 Robert Hsiung.
Owned and operated by Dr. Bob LLC and not the University of Chicago.