Psycho-Babble Psychology | about psychological treatments | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Psychotherapists who specialize in BP/ BPII

Posted by detroitpistons on February 27, 2006, at 11:51:32 [reposted on February 27, 2006, at 19:55:29 | original URL]

Is it hard to find a therapist who specializes in or is very knowledgeable about bipolar disorder? Is CBT the best for BPII?

I want to avoid therapists who just want to talk about my past and childhood, etc. For example, I wouldn't want someone who uses the Freudian school of thought. The "past" issues are important, but I would like that to be secondary. I would like someone who treats in the context of bipolar disorder, and who understands the biological nature of it. I'm guessing the therapist who would fit this description would most likely be a psychologist (Phd) and not a counselor or social worker (MSW, etc).

Anybody have any experience with this?




Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post

Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.


Start a new thread

Google www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Psychology | Framed

poster:detroitpistons thread:613990