Psycho-Babble Administration | about the operation of this site | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Posing questions. Lou Pilder

Posted by SLS on November 17, 2014, at 12:32:44

In reply to Lou's response-brngumbkehylyve Twinleaf, posted by Lou Pilder on November 14, 2014, at 7:17:25

> > I, for one, appreciate your concerns about the negative effect these posts might be having on newcomers. A number of us have expressed this concern for several years now, but have eventually accepted, however reluctantly, that this does not appear to be a concern shared with Bob.
> >
> > While the medication board has continued to be a great source of informstion for new treatments, it does seem that the sense of warmth and community which once characterized Babble has largely disappeared. The number of active posters appears to be decreasing. I don't really understand the reasons for this, although I do feel it would have been helpful to both Lou and the community to impose moderate checks on some of his more frightening statements. I don't read them, but I can see that they could be quite alarming to new posters who are just trying to find out if this site is helpful for them. We will never know how many potential posters have decided to reject this site because of this. It is very sad to see how lifeless Babble is now, compared to how it once was.
>
> T_l,
> You wrote,[...the negative effect...the sense of warmth..has largly disappeared..active posters..decreasing...both Lou and the community to impose moderate checks on some of his more frightening statements. I don't read them, but I can see that they could be quite alarming to new posters...We will never know how many potential posters have decided to reject this site because of this. It is very sad to see how lifeless Babble is now...].

> I am asking for you to post here:
> A. What kind of statement has a negative effect?
> B. Why could that type of statement not be positive?
> C. What would be a moderate check consist of?
> D. What constitutes a frightening statement?
> E. What could you do here to bring back to life this forum as you say it is lifeless
>
> Lou

Mr. Pilder,

That you even have to ask these questions could lead a subset of people to conclude that you should be able to answer the questions for yourself before continuing to post on a mental health website. I have found that interpersonal therapy is helpful for being able to develop one's ability to understand others through the construction of "theory of mind".


- Scott


Some see things as they are and ask why.
I dream of things that never were and ask why not.

- George Bernard Shaw

 

Thread

 

Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post


Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.

 

Start a new thread

 
Google
dr-bob.org www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for
in

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Administration | Framed

poster:SLS thread:1073111
URL: http://www.dr-bob.org/babble/admin/20140902/msgs/1073544.html