Psycho-Babble Medication Thread 797866

Shown: posts 1 to 25 of 25. This is the beginning of the thread.

 

Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta

Posted by Maxime on November 30, 2007, at 15:37:21

I just spent 4 weeks in the hospital. Someone called the police on me when I was suicidal.

I guess it helped a bit. I was able to rest and my anxiety is as bad as when I went in. I was also able to see a psychologist while I was there and I think that helped.

The psychiatrist took me off the Adderall, the clonazepam and the trileptal!! I can't believe I am off the clonazepam. I am taking Zoloft with Seroquel now.

I don't think the Zoloft is doing anything except blunting my emotion. I want to cry, but I can't.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to post that I was in the hospital, but I did not have access to a computer.

Maxime

 

Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta Maxime

Posted by Racer on November 30, 2007, at 17:09:25

In reply to Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta, posted by Maxime on November 30, 2007, at 15:37:21

Thank you so much for checking in and letting us know you're OK. (Or, you know, sorta OK.)

No advice here right now, just wanted to say how good it is to see your name here.

 

Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta

Posted by clubfitter on November 30, 2007, at 17:56:14

In reply to Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta, posted by Maxime on November 30, 2007, at 15:37:21

glad to hear you're doing a little better...alot of people round here concerned about you. i posted a follow up question for you in the 'fastest acting AD" thread. if you have time to answer i would be very grateful. welcom back.

 

Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta Racer

Posted by Maxime on November 30, 2007, at 18:09:58

In reply to Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta Maxime, posted by Racer on November 30, 2007, at 17:09:25

Thanks Racer.

The one really good thing that came out of my hospitalization is that I will be working with a psychologist for a while. I hope it helps.

Maxime

 

Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta clubfitter

Posted by Maxime on November 30, 2007, at 18:12:07

In reply to Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta, posted by clubfitter on November 30, 2007, at 17:56:14

> glad to hear you're doing a little better...alot of people round here concerned about you. i posted a follow up question for you in the 'fastest acting AD" thread. if you have time to answer i would be very grateful. welcom back.

Thank you! :)

I feel very bad that I was unable to post anything about my hospitalization. The police just showed up at my door and took me away.

Maxie

 

Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta

Posted by rskontos on November 30, 2007, at 18:59:47

In reply to Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta clubfitter, posted by Maxime on November 30, 2007, at 18:12:07

Maxie, I am so sorry about that was it bad? I mean the police? It would have terrified me.....but I guess your neighbor was concerned. I am glad you are ok....rk

I hope you like the psychologist.

 

Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta

Posted by Justherself54 on November 30, 2007, at 19:31:08

In reply to Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta, posted by rskontos on November 30, 2007, at 18:59:47

So glad to hear you're back home and sending my wishes that you start to feel better soon..

 

Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta rskontos

Posted by Maxime on November 30, 2007, at 19:49:12

In reply to Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta, posted by rskontos on November 30, 2007, at 18:59:47

> Maxie, I am so sorry about that was it bad? I mean the police? It would have terrified me.....but I guess your neighbor was concerned. I am glad you are ok....rk
>
> I hope you like the psychologist.

It's all a blur to me now. Actually, it was a friend who lives 2500 miles away who called the police.

I like the psychologist, but I am still learning how to trust him.

Maxime

 

Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta Justherself54

Posted by Maxime on November 30, 2007, at 19:50:46

In reply to Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta, posted by Justherself54 on November 30, 2007, at 19:31:08

> So glad to hear you're back home and sending my wishes that you start to feel better soon..

Thank you. :) I hope I start to feel better soon as well. I don't want to go back to where I was a month ago.

Maxime

 

Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta Maxime

Posted by Phillipa on November 30, 2007, at 22:05:03

In reply to Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta Justherself54, posted by Maxime on November 30, 2007, at 19:50:46

Maxie a lot of us were afraid when you disappeared but now we know why. I have to let Alien know and Ed. Phillipa

 

Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta Maxime

Posted by CoutureMan on December 1, 2007, at 5:42:46

In reply to Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta, posted by Maxime on November 30, 2007, at 15:37:21

Glad to hear you are back home. Your posts were getting pretty desperate and your suffering was evident. At least you now have a plan to move forward. Good luck.

-CM

 

Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta Maxime

Posted by Zyprexa on December 1, 2007, at 9:01:49

In reply to Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta Justherself54, posted by Maxime on November 30, 2007, at 19:50:46

Did you get ECT's? If so did they help. If I recall corectly you wanted ECT's for a while.

 

Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta

Posted by monkeysmama on December 1, 2007, at 12:18:53

In reply to Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta, posted by clubfitter on November 30, 2007, at 17:56:14

So glad to hear from you and see that you are okay! The Zoloft made me feel that way for about a month; the sort of numb feeling, and has just now FINALLY settled in and I am starting to feel pretty good. Hopefully the same thing will happen for you!

 

Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta Zyprexa

Posted by Maxime on December 1, 2007, at 18:46:54

In reply to Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta Maxime, posted by Zyprexa on December 1, 2007, at 9:01:49

> Did you get ECT's? If so did they help. If I recall corectly you wanted ECT's for a while.

NO! I have never wanted ECT. I would never consent to having it.

Maxime

 

Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta monkeysmama

Posted by Maxime on December 1, 2007, at 18:48:16

In reply to Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta, posted by monkeysmama on December 1, 2007, at 12:18:53

> So glad to hear from you and see that you are okay! The Zoloft made me feel that way for about a month; the sort of numb feeling, and has just now FINALLY settled in and I am starting to feel pretty good. Hopefully the same thing will happen for you!

Thank you! So maybe I should wait a while before trying something else? I hope I have the same response as you!

Maxime

 

Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta Maxime

Posted by MidnightBlue on December 1, 2007, at 19:17:51

In reply to Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta, posted by Maxime on November 30, 2007, at 15:37:21

Maxime,

I was hoping and praying you were in the hosptial. I'm so glad to see you are still with us!

MidnightBlue

 

Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta Maxime

Posted by Racer on December 1, 2007, at 19:22:59

In reply to Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta monkeysmama, posted by Maxime on December 1, 2007, at 18:48:16

> > So glad to hear from you and see that you are okay! The Zoloft made me feel that way for about a month; the sort of numb feeling, and has just now FINALLY settled in and I am starting to feel pretty good. Hopefully the same thing will happen for you!
>
> Thank you! So maybe I should wait a while before trying something else?
>
> Maxime

Yes, wait and give it a chance. Six weeks minimum, eight weeks is better still. Most of the side effects of SSRIs are adjustment phase side effects, and Zoloft really was the best of them for me. It's worth sticking it out, in case this is the drug that finally helps get you out of the hole you've been in.

That's the most frustrating thing about the Medication Go Round -- how long it takes to find out if a medication will work for you. It feels like a waste of time, but it's necessary to see if a medication will help. I'm on a trial of EMSAM, and after I-forget-how-long-now, I'm only just barely starting to feel human on it. My doctor says it is likely to take a full twelve weeks to see if it will work for me. I'm not sure I can say I feel hopeful about it, but at least something is finally changing. (How much of that is related to the new medications to address side effects, though, is anyone's guess...) Still, in case this is the answer, I'm trying to stick it out.

I'm so glad you're here. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

 

Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta Racer

Posted by Maxime on December 1, 2007, at 21:17:39

In reply to Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta Maxime, posted by Racer on December 1, 2007, at 19:22:59

Thanks Racer! :) I have been on 250 mg for 2 weeks, so I still have to give it time. But I wish I could have a good cry.

Maxime


> > > So glad to hear from you and see that you are okay! The Zoloft made me feel that way for about a month; the sort of numb feeling, and has just now FINALLY settled in and I am starting to feel pretty good. Hopefully the same thing will happen for you!
> >
> > Thank you! So maybe I should wait a while before trying something else?
> >
> > Maxime
>
> Yes, wait and give it a chance. Six weeks minimum, eight weeks is better still. Most of the side effects of SSRIs are adjustment phase side effects, and Zoloft really was the best of them for me. It's worth sticking it out, in case this is the drug that finally helps get you out of the hole you've been in.
>
> That's the most frustrating thing about the Medication Go Round -- how long it takes to find out if a medication will work for you. It feels like a waste of time, but it's necessary to see if a medication will help. I'm on a trial of EMSAM, and after I-forget-how-long-now, I'm only just barely starting to feel human on it. My doctor says it is likely to take a full twelve weeks to see if it will work for me. I'm not sure I can say I feel hopeful about it, but at least something is finally changing. (How much of that is related to the new medications to address side effects, though, is anyone's guess...) Still, in case this is the answer, I'm trying to stick it out.
>
> I'm so glad you're here. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

 

Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta MidnightBlue

Posted by Maxime on December 1, 2007, at 21:18:59

In reply to Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta Maxime, posted by MidnightBlue on December 1, 2007, at 19:17:51

> Maxime,
>
> I was hoping and praying you were in the hosptial. I'm so glad to see you are still with us!
>
> MidnightBlue

Thanks MB! :) I guess God heard your prayers. Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts.

Maxime

 

Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta Maxime

Posted by Zyprexa on December 2, 2007, at 13:12:21

In reply to Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta Zyprexa, posted by Maxime on December 1, 2007, at 18:46:54

Must have been someone else? Sorry. I wouldn't have wanted it either.

 

Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta/Maxime

Posted by stargazer2 on December 2, 2007, at 13:31:32

In reply to Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta Zyprexa, posted by Maxime on December 1, 2007, at 18:46:54

Welcome back, you were missed and many of us were very worried about you. Of course not hearing from you for so long really got us thinking about what may have happened to you...

I have also said many times to my pdoc, I will never have ECT. I believe the damage that is done will make my life much harder than it already has been. I also found that a suicidal episode for me was eradicated rather quickly with seroquel, so that is my drug of choice if I get stuck there again. I think meds can do as much as ECT except you have to have a pdoc that is really skilled in medications.

Like ECT, meds can stop the suicidal thoughts cold if they are the right ones.

Hope you are doing better since this hospitalization. It sounds like it was a good thing for you...New insight?

Stargazer

 

Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta/Maxime stargazer2

Posted by maxime on December 2, 2007, at 15:32:28

In reply to Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta/Maxime, posted by stargazer2 on December 2, 2007, at 13:31:32

I am sorry that I worried people. If I could have posted earlier, I would have.

I hope you are right about the Seroquel.

The only good part about my hospitalization is that I now a therapist for a short time. I think it will help me more than medication can.

Maxime


 

Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta/Maxime maxime

Posted by Phillipa on December 2, 2007, at 17:38:35

In reply to Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta/Maxime stargazer2, posted by maxime on December 2, 2007, at 15:32:28

Maxie I know it will you'll pick everything up immediately. I know you're a walking book of knowledge. Brilliant. Love Phillipa

 

Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta

Posted by 4WD on December 3, 2007, at 20:28:23

In reply to Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta Zyprexa, posted by Maxime on December 1, 2007, at 18:46:54

> > Did you get ECT's? If so did they help. If I recall corectly you wanted ECT's for a while.
>
> NO! I have never wanted ECT. I would never consent to having it.
>
> Maxime


Hi Maxime,

You were right in not having the ECT. I had 5 treatments while I was hospitalized and after I got out of the hospital back in January and February of this year.

It was terrifying, it was horrible and I will Never do it again.

Congratulation on being off the Klonopin. Did they taper you off or did you just stop?

I glad you made it to the hospital and I am glad you are going to get counseling . I understand you still don't "feel so good" but I'm glad you're alive. WE have all been worried about you.

Marsha

Marsha

 

Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta 4WD

Posted by Maxime on December 4, 2007, at 13:00:46

In reply to Re: Out of the hospital ... new meds sorta, posted by 4WD on December 3, 2007, at 20:28:23

Hi Marsha:

Thank you for your kind words.

My doctor in the hospital did not taper the clonazepam ... she just stopped it! I am going through minor withdrawal. I get the shakes. I hope it goes away soon.

Maxime



> Hi Maxime,
>
> You were right in not having the ECT. I had 5 treatments while I was hospitalized and after I got out of the hospital back in January and February of this year.
>
> It was terrifying, it was horrible and I will Never do it again.
>
> Congratulation on being off the Klonopin. Did they taper you off or did you just stop?
>
> I glad you made it to the hospital and I am glad you are going to get counseling . I understand you still don't "feel so good" but I'm glad you're alive. WE have all been worried about you.
>
> Marsha
>
> Marsha
>


This is the end of the thread.


Show another thread

URL of post in thread:


Psycho-Babble Medication | Extras | FAQ


[dr. bob] Dr. Bob is Robert Hsiung, MD, bob@dr-bob.org

Script revised: February 4, 2008
URL: http://www.dr-bob.org/cgi-bin/pb/mget.pl
Copyright 2006-17 Robert Hsiung.
Owned and operated by Dr. Bob LLC and not the University of Chicago.