Psycho-Babble Medication Thread 365550

Shown: posts 1 to 5 of 5. This is the beginning of the thread.

 

Selegiline + SSRIs

Posted by zeebop on July 13, 2004, at 2:44:53

Hi,
I'm new here
Does anybody has the experience of adding Selegiline 5 mg with SSRIs(especially Fluoxetine 20mg)?
Thanks a lot

 

Re: Selegiline + SSRIs

Posted by Ktemene on July 14, 2004, at 4:42:48

In reply to Selegiline + SSRIs, posted by zeebop on July 13, 2004, at 2:44:53

> Hi,
> I'm new here
> Does anybody has the experience of adding Selegiline 5 mg with SSRIs(especially Fluoxetine 20mg)?
> Thanks a lot

I have not heard of anyone taking this combination, but I don't think that it would be dangerous. Usually MAOIs are not combined with any med that causes substantial serotonin reuptake inhibition, because MAOIs generally raise serotonin levels. But Selegiline is highly preferential for MAO-B at doses below 10 mg, and so adding 5 mg Selegiline to 20 mg Prozac should put you in little danger of getting too much serotonin. Why are you interested in this combination? Have you read something about it or did your pdoc suggest it? It sounds interesting.

 

Re: Selegiline + SSRIs

Posted by zeebop on July 14, 2004, at 8:36:25

In reply to Re: Selegiline + SSRIs, posted by Ktemene on July 14, 2004, at 4:42:48

> > Hi,
> > I'm new here
> > Does anybody has the experience of adding Selegiline 5 mg with SSRIs(especially Fluoxetine 20mg)?
> > Thanks a lot
>
> I have not heard of anyone taking this combination, but I don't think that it would be dangerous. Usually MAOIs are not combined with any med that causes substantial serotonin reuptake inhibition, because MAOIs generally raise serotonin levels. But Selegiline is highly preferential for MAO-B at doses below 10 mg, and so adding 5 mg Selegiline to 20 mg Prozac should put you in little danger of getting too much serotonin. Why are you interested in this combination? Have you read something about it or did your pdoc suggest it? It sounds interesting.

Thank you very much for your reply.Actually,I tried ALL SSRIs,and the one that worked best for me was Fluoxetine.However it gave me loss of libido,and(later) apathy and weight gain,so I stopped after 3 years.

-I tried Reboxetine by itself but it gave me the worst depression ever(I wanted an activatind AD),so I combined 1-2mg a day of reboxetine + fluoxetine and bromazepam 6mg : I had my sex drive back + lots of great concentration+ enhanced self-confidence.
However 2 things stayed : severe sweating all the time,which made me smelly (ouch)+ increase in weight gain.

-I tried selegiline 5 a day solo and it gave me energy and motivation but no calmness like fluoxetine,so I was thinking of having a go with maybe 1mg reboxetine+20mg fluoxetine +3mg bromazepam +5mg selegiline,so I can activate serotonin,NE,Da &Gaba and get calmness (5ht) with motivation(DA) and concentration(NE)...but maybe this is too much.....any suggestions,please?

 

Re: Selegiline + SSRIs zeebop

Posted by Sebastian on July 16, 2004, at 22:58:09

In reply to Re: Selegiline + SSRIs, posted by zeebop on July 14, 2004, at 8:36:25

have you ever tried zyprexa? Would you say it is anything like selegiline, other than the tiredness? Can you tell more about the selegiline, I find it very interesting. Does it produce anxiety?

 

Re: Selegiline + SSRIs Sebastian

Posted by zeebop on July 19, 2004, at 6:46:28

In reply to Re: Selegiline + SSRIs zeebop, posted by Sebastian on July 16, 2004, at 22:58:09

> have you ever tried zyprexa? Would you say it is anything like selegiline, other than the tiredness? Can you tell more about the selegiline, I find it very interesting. Does it produce anxiety?

Hi,
I never tried Zyp. but Selegiline in 5mg-10mg in the morning gives me an activating effect which is good for work.


This is the end of the thread.


Show another thread

URL of post in thread:


Psycho-Babble Medication | Extras | FAQ


[dr. bob] Dr. Bob is Robert Hsiung, MD, bob@dr-bob.org

Script revised: February 4, 2008
URL: http://www.dr-bob.org/cgi-bin/pb/mget.pl
Copyright 2006-17 Robert Hsiung.
Owned and operated by Dr. Bob LLC and not the University of Chicago.