Psycho-Babble Medication Thread 87478

Shown: posts 1 to 15 of 15. This is the beginning of the thread.

 

Santa Claus Adderall?

Posted by JohnX2 on December 19, 2001, at 19:14:16


Well its that time of year and I opted out
of visiting my family because I just saw the
peckerheads in Nov and its too cold up there.
So now I get some time to myself, but unfortunately
that time may include the holidays. I don't want
to be sitting in my bed depressed at this most
vulnerable time of year for me. I'm still tinkering
in the middle of a Wellbutrin trial, but don't know
when it will kick in.

So tomorrow I see my pdoc, and I'm wondering if it
would be out of line to really push him hard just this
once to write me a 2 week script for Adderall. This would
get me through this tough time, help me lose the 15 lbs
I gained on Zyprexa, and help me get a lot of things
done around the house that have been sorely in need
of attention. Personally, I'm not convinced I shouldn't
be on a stimulant anyways. I've been prescribed
Adderall twice by 2 other pdocs. So far Adderall is the only
thing that consistantly relieved my depression. Go
for it?

-john

 

Re: Santa Claus Adderall? JohnX2

Posted by Cindylou on December 19, 2001, at 20:41:09

In reply to Santa Claus Adderall?, posted by JohnX2 on December 19, 2001, at 19:14:16

Definitely, go for it! Have you brought Adderall up with your pdoc before now? My pdoc is always open to my suggestions -- hope yours is too, especially since you think you may need stimulants anyway.

I hope you enjoy your quiet, all-to-yourself holiday. It sounds like a dream to me.

-cindy

>
> Well its that time of year and I opted out
> of visiting my family because I just saw the
> peckerheads in Nov and its too cold up there.
> So now I get some time to myself, but unfortunately
> that time may include the holidays. I don't want
> to be sitting in my bed depressed at this most
> vulnerable time of year for me. I'm still tinkering
> in the middle of a Wellbutrin trial, but don't know
> when it will kick in.
>
> So tomorrow I see my pdoc, and I'm wondering if it
> would be out of line to really push him hard just this
> once to write me a 2 week script for Adderall. This would
> get me through this tough time, help me lose the 15 lbs
> I gained on Zyprexa, and help me get a lot of things
> done around the house that have been sorely in need
> of attention. Personally, I'm not convinced I shouldn't
> be on a stimulant anyways. I've been prescribed
> Adderall twice by 2 other pdocs. So far Adderall is the only
> thing that consistantly relieved my depression. Go
> for it?
>
> -john

 

Re: Santa Claus Adderall?

Posted by jazzdog on December 19, 2001, at 21:01:02

In reply to Re: Santa Claus Adderall? JohnX2, posted by Cindylou on December 19, 2001, at 20:41:09

Isn't Christmas the worst? Whatever gets you through roughly intact. Personally, I think it would take intravenous crank to avoid putting on weight over the next two weeks. All that despair, and so many fattening carbs.

Cindy-Lou, I'm about twenty-five mg behind you on the Lamictal. So far, other than a couple of minor skin reactions and some trouble sleeping, I'm not feeling much of anything. Have you felt any beneficial effects yet? This titration is ... so ... slow.

- Jane

 

Re: Lamictal jazzdog

Posted by Cindylou on December 20, 2001, at 7:51:54

In reply to Re: Santa Claus Adderall?, posted by jazzdog on December 19, 2001, at 21:01:02

Hi Jane,
I also experienced the minor skin irrations (which are subsiding now) and I still have some trouble sleeping ... I take Klonapin which helps.

I do think I'm seeing some results now -- just talked to my pdoc yesterday and we agreed that I don't have the same sense of "urgency" and "desperation" that I had before the Lamictal. I do still have the depression, however, and we are trying out some ADs to use along with the Lamictal. I am taking Serzone, but only 100 mg because I can't tolerate the fatigue at any higher dose, so we are going to try adding Paxil since I also have quite a bit of anxiety. We'll see what happens! Celexa will be our next try if I can't handle the Paxil.

Have you had any trouble/side effects when you titrate up? For me, every time I increased the Lamictal the first week was hell -- lots of agitation and fatigue ... almost the opposite of what it's supposed to do for me. But after a week I seemed to level off and get to a better place. We're going to hold off increasing the dose for awhile and see what happens with the Paxil.

What dosage are you trying to reach? Have you seen any benefit yet?

Thanks for the post, and good luck to you on the Lamictal!
cindy

> Isn't Christmas the worst? Whatever gets you through roughly intact. Personally, I think it would take intravenous crank to avoid putting on weight over the next two weeks. All that despair, and so many fattening carbs.
>
> Cindy-Lou, I'm about twenty-five mg behind you on the Lamictal. So far, other than a couple of minor skin reactions and some trouble sleeping, I'm not feeling much of anything. Have you felt any beneficial effects yet? This titration is ... so ... slow.
>
> - Jane

 

Re: Santa Claus Adderall?

Posted by JohnDoenut on December 20, 2001, at 10:48:16

In reply to Santa Claus Adderall?, posted by JohnX2 on December 19, 2001, at 19:14:16

> So tomorrow I see my pdoc, and I'm wondering if it
> would be out of line to really push him hard just this
> once to write me a 2 week script for Adderall.

I think what you need to do is review the effects and benefits or not that you have received from various meds. Then talk about where you are now and how you feel Adderall would benefit you and that you would like a trial for it now. Then see what he says. Dont specify a time period for the trial. If he asks say a month. If he balks then say two weeks. What about modafinal/provigal?

I myself now am taking small amounts of wellbutrin and adderall or ritalin to see what works best for me and my ADD. I just asked if I could try Adderall and see how it works and he gave me 30 5mg pills to try it. Its working good for me so I hope to continue using it. I actually cut them in half and take it in the afternoon. So I take neurontin/wellbutrin in the am, then the adderall or ritalin in the pm.

JohnD

 

Re: Santa Claus Adderall? JohnX2

Posted by nightlight on December 20, 2001, at 11:24:39

In reply to Santa Claus Adderall?, posted by JohnX2 on December 19, 2001, at 19:14:16

>
> Well its that time of year and I opted out
> of visiting my family because I just saw the
> peckerheads in Nov and its too cold up there.
> So now I get some time to myself, but unfortunately
> that time may include the holidays. I don't want
> to be sitting in my bed depressed at this most
> vulnerable time of year for me. I'm still tinkering
> in the middle of a Wellbutrin trial, but don't know
> when it will kick in.
>
> So tomorrow I see my pdoc, and I'm wondering if it
> would be out of line to really push him hard just this
> once to write me a 2 week script for Adderall. This would
> get me through this tough time, help me lose the 15 lbs
> I gained on Zyprexa, and help me get a lot of things
> done around the house that have been sorely in need
> of attention. Personally, I'm not convinced I shouldn't
> be on a stimulant anyways. I've been prescribed
> Adderall twice by 2 other pdocs. So far Adderall is the only
> thing that consistantly relieved my depression. Go
> for it?
>
> -john

John~
I wd. want the Adderall, too. I respond well to stimulants, and quickly).

I would be cautious in approaching the doc for precribing Adderall while in the middle of a trial of WB (which can be a very stimulating drug in itself).

1. The effects of the adderall cd. skew results of the WB trial.

2. How does ur p-doc feel about rx'g controlled substances? U are on klonopin, right? My (previous) docs were really reluctant about p-stims, but more liberal (slightly) w/klonopin/ painkillers.

3. For what purpose did ur prev. docs prescribe the Adderall? Was it for the ADD u don't think u actually have (I may be confusing u w/another poster) to augment A-D's, or combat fatigue...?
What doses of Add. have you used in past?

Having at least had experience w/the Adderall is a point in your favor. I don't know how relaxed the rapport b/t u and ur dr. is, but, I know that many doctors wd. recoil at the idea of prescribing a highly controlled substance in order to simply help their patient have a productive, happier holiday and lose a few pounds along the way...!

But, if y'all do have good rapport, and you believe you need this chemical support in order to not fall victim to what can be a *serious* slip into holiday blues syndrome (which has often dragged me down into true depressive 'pit-land'), then I think you asking for the Adderall cd. be considered a reasonable request.

But, I would keep the conversation serious, and perhaps not mention that u are interested in the anorectic effect of the drug. (Unless u have the type of doc who often precribes anorectics to counteract weight gain due to other Rx'd meds).

Anyway, it's worth a shot. Did Adderall not complicate ur pain syndrome due to increased muscle tension? I know it can for me, but, I need it desperately to function *at all* and I use klonopin, soma, propoxyphene, stretching, exercise
& drinking lots of water to off-set any added tension which complicates myofascial pain in my neck shoulders,etc. Without the Adderall, I am semi-conscious, in the bed, or on the couch for most of the day (or want to be!) and I wd. not be able to maintain my new part-time job, or the increased function I now enjoy. (Still far below 'normal', but I am grateful for 'this').
Now must find the proper A-D to support mood and activation while also giving me additional anxiolytic support. I've been on a 2-mo. trial of zoloft, saw p-doc y'day, am switching to Effexor today, cause had no effect from zoloft.

Please keep us posted.
I am really curious as to what ur doc's reply will be. I hope it is positive.

'whatever gets you thru the night...is alright,alright...' (within reason)

I feel that way about the holidays, myself, and alcohol is not an option for me (altho it used to be, and helped me many a tough holiday gathering).
But, it gives me rebound depression something fierce, and often triggers pain that is difficult to treat.

Sorry to babble on.
I wish you lots of holiday luck and hope u make the best of ur solitude. What I wouldn't give for a week alone.....ah, nirvana, IF my head is in the right place!

nightlight

 

Re: Lamictal Cindylou

Posted by jazzdog on December 20, 2001, at 13:28:54

In reply to Re: Lamictal jazzdog, posted by Cindylou on December 20, 2001, at 7:51:54

Hi CindyLou -

Like you, I've been experiencing some side effects that seem to go away after a week. A couple of times, I've felt burning all over and turned red! But it's gone in twenty minutes, and only recurs when I titrate up again. My dermatologist said not to worry about it, as long as I could tolerate it, which I can. Other than that, I've had low-level itching, irritability,insomnia, and fatigue, but they go away after about a week. I'm taking lamictal with 50 mg of zoloft, so I keep waiting for an antidepressant effect to kick in. I was on 150 mg of zoloft for years, but I started to feel very numb on it. What I'm really hoping for is a break in this derealization that I experience, which is supposed to occur at around 250 mg. So I've got a long way to go.

Good luck with the antidepressant.

- Jane

 

Re: Santa Claus Adderall?

Posted by sjb on December 20, 2001, at 13:38:10

In reply to Santa Claus Adderall?, posted by JohnX2 on December 19, 2001, at 19:14:16

I, too, was thinking along those lines but just came back from my PDoc and he won't up my current dosage (5mg 2/day.) Darn it all. I've been taking one more a day in prep for going to in-laws over the holiday, realizing I'll run out before I can fill new script. I thought I had a good case, 'cause the effect is waning, but he didn't budge. Damn. I know it's not the long term answer but what is?

 

Re: Santa Claus Adderall? JohnX2

Posted by JGalt on December 20, 2001, at 15:47:16

In reply to Re: Santa Claus Adderall?, posted by sjb on December 20, 2001, at 13:38:10

Hi John,

Unfortunate to hear that you think you'll be needing/wanting this, I was really hoping your current combo would pan out to be good enough. I don't know, from my personal experience tolerance to the ad effects of adderal are very quick in setting in, and if you don't take any adderal the day after taking it, you feel crappy/unmotivated. The longer one stays on it the more this seems to be the case...or so I think. I personally think that the NMDA partial antagonists (ie, memantine) might be a good solution for this, as you have brought to my attention in the past. I think you may have given up on that route a little to easily. I have also wondered about mazindol, not sure if its tolerance effects are as bad. Also have wondered about cylert, which is supposed to build up in its effects over weeks as opposed to being the best at its first dose. Have you considered cylert at all? I'm not saying that adderal doesn't have its uses, it definitely does, but its negative effects certainly would provide me with the motivation to want to find something else.

By the way, I certainly don't like the holidays either...always was the "scrooge" of the family. Hehe, of course you know my solution, just sit back in your chair with a few good movies and some ghb like substance to help you to chill and relax and enjoy yourself for a while. Then when you get back to work dig up some stimulants to be more productive.

JGalt

 

Re: Santa Claus Adderall-shonuf! (nm) JohnX2

Posted by Mitch on December 20, 2001, at 23:29:35

In reply to Santa Claus Adderall?, posted by JohnX2 on December 19, 2001, at 19:14:16

 

No Kris Kringle Crank; Topamania!

Posted by JohnX2 on December 21, 2001, at 23:09:15

In reply to Santa Claus Adderall?, posted by JohnX2 on December 19, 2001, at 19:14:16


Hi Gang!

Ok, here's what transpired with the
pdoc (i type this as i come off a hypomania).

Please excuse the long message, as i am
a bit hypomanic.

Basically I stumbled on to Topamax 2 weeks
ago and it has been a safe haven with regards
to relieving severe myofacial pain that to date
has only resonded reasonably to klonopin, and
I have tried literally every anti-convulsant
and mood stabilizer besides lithium. Other
meds that have worked were intolerable or addictive
(Serzone/Klonopin). For some reason, my body loves
Topamax, I just bumped the dose to 400 mg/day and I
only get slight benzo like side effects. The lab rats
that they invented this on must have had dna like
mine or something. I dunno. Maybe this is a my
gift from Santa. I was just about to think that
I would be on Klonopin forever.

So my current pdoc is the first to diagnose me
as Bipolar II. I sorta fit the discription, but not
really, but at the same time you could make an argument
that i fit the discription for add. Its a tough
call sometimes for the hypomania.

Generally I am just dysphoric and really antsy. I can't
sit still and feel very compelled to get up and move around.
Driving my car calms me down greatly. Sensory input is good.
Drinking caffeine is good. Before learning about
psychiatry I always wondered why I had this really
bizzare caffeine addiction (If I didn't have it I
couldn't sit still, whereas most people get edgy).
Before slumping into depression ~3 yrs ago, stimulants
always gave me a pretty good "buzz", although
I don't know what it does for someone else, i
assume it was stronger for me. maybe either without
the stimulant I was depressed, or with the
stimulant i was hypomanic? Or maybe I am mild
ADD and have a dopamine imbalance?

Now, you could argue that I was hypomanic most of
the time and had stimulant cravings to feed more
fuel to the fire, lest slip into depression.
That seems to be my current pdocs position.

He also seems to lean towards the school of thought
of staying on mood stablizers and away from ADs
until the last straw, so he was a bit pissed that
I started Wellbutrin on the sly. It was my 1st visit with
him that I was in an agitated state and had the
potential to blow up and screw the relationship
but I kept my cool and only got in one dig pointing
out that we agreed that we would try topamax five
months ago and it shouldn't have taken
so long to try it (ie. I should have know 4 months
back that it was a majic bullet).

But he wanted a neurologist to address the headache
issue and there was a lot of doctor shuffling and crap which
I thought was bullshit. Just give me the damn med
and let me take it for a few days. What's the big
#%@$%@ deal who prescribes it. I hate the formality
BS. The pdoc is good (very well booked), but is
also very formal, which I hate.

So when he asked why I started the wellbutrin
without asking, I said because "you would have
told me to wait for my next appointment before
taking any further action". He saw my point, but
asked me to stop the wellbutrin.

He asked me to raise my Topamax dose from 200 mg
to 400 mg. I still take 150 Mg Lamictal and a pinch
of Zyprexa and ~ 4 mg Klonopin. He told me that
he wanted to wipe out all traces of hypomanic
symptoms and if I still had depression problems
then we could sneak an AD in the back door.
I told him I thought the higher dose of Topamax
would help with the Klonopin tapering but its
strong anti-manic effect may make me feel depressed.
He disagreed and said if anything it might make
me hypomanic. I asked about the restlessness and
he said it was hypomania/mixed state and should
go away if the mood stabilizer are working. I.E
I DON'T NEED A STIMULANT IN HIS OPINION.

So I dopped WB to 100 mg (never drop a med
completly..always taper) and bumped Topamax to
400 mg and had a nice mexican dinner with 2
fishbowl margaritas (*uck it, its the holidays).
WHAMO, major hypomania struck with all the
dopamine to boot, but without the restlessness
shit. the GOOD hypomania. dopamine, grandiousity, talkativeness,
alertness, confidence, quick thoughts, etc.

So don't know what clicked. Could just be
me cylcling. Or the WB kicked in. Or mixing
alcohol with drugs. dunno.

BTW, I went into work on Tuesday and got
a call from my doctor confirming my Thursday
appt. I told the receptionist she was mistaken and
that the appt was Wednesday. She said i was wrong.
I popped up a calender and found out it was
indeed on Thursday, and that I missed work on
Monday. I don't know what happened to Monday.
No Bullshit. Last thing I remember was wathching
"Citizin Cane" on Saturday night and then sleeping
for a really really long time and then going into
work. Lost: Monday Dec 17, 2001. If you find it
will you please return it to me. thnx.

Regards,
John

>
> Well its that time of year and I opted out
> of visiting my family because I just saw the
> peckerheads in Nov and its too cold up there.
> So now I get some time to myself, but unfortunately
> that time may include the holidays. I don't want
> to be sitting in my bed depressed at this most
> vulnerable time of year for me. I'm still tinkering
> in the middle of a Wellbutrin trial, but don't know
> when it will kick in.
>
> So tomorrow I see my pdoc, and I'm wondering if it
> would be out of line to really push him hard just this
> once to write me a 2 week script for Adderall. This would
> get me through this tough time, help me lose the 15 lbs
> I gained on Zyprexa, and help me get a lot of things
> done around the house that have been sorely in need
> of attention. Personally, I'm not convinced I shouldn't
> be on a stimulant anyways. I've been prescribed
> Adderall twice by 2 other pdocs. So far Adderall is the only
> thing that consistantly relieved my depression. Go
> for it?
>
> -john

 

Re: No Kris Kringle Crank; Topamania! JohnX2

Posted by Mitch on December 22, 2001, at 10:01:35

In reply to No Kris Kringle Crank; Topamania!, posted by JohnX2 on December 21, 2001, at 23:09:15

Hi John,

Well, sounds like you have been having some fun :-). I am still taking my WB, and I noticed that if I push the dose above 75mg/day I start getting hypomanic, or mild-mixed (depending on how bad my boss's mood is-who is also BPII). It looks like my "range" is going to have to fall somewhere around 50mg/day. My attentiveness has finally started to improve. The WB made me drowsy and blurry-eyed for the first two or three weeks. Now, zang! Good luck with your new pdoc. Wow, that's great that you can handle Topamax. I liked the way it knocked me out for sleep. I actually felt kind of peaceful, settled, and rested, when I got up in the morning. I just couldn't handle a caclulator!

Happy Holidays,

Mitch

 

Re: No Kris Kringle Crank; Topamania!

Posted by JohnX2 on December 22, 2001, at 20:35:03

In reply to No Kris Kringle Crank; Topamania!, posted by JohnX2 on December 21, 2001, at 23:09:15


Well i got to sleep at 6:00 am.
Woke up at 3:00 pm. (Amazingly no hangover)

Pursued my cool idea i cooked up last
night regarding building a custom
indoor golf driving range using
plumbing tubing and sport netting.
Was feeling pretty normal.

Eventually mild depression has set in.
Usual apathy, emptyness. Feel like
staying in bed. I hate you mr. bipolar!
Get out of my life! It's only a matter of
time before you get a one way ticket to
visit mr. myofacial pain!

-john

>
> Hi Gang!
>
> Ok, here's what transpired with the
> pdoc (i type this as i come off a hypomania).
>
> Please excuse the long message, as i am
> a bit hypomanic.
>
> Basically I stumbled on to Topamax 2 weeks
> ago and it has been a safe haven with regards
> to relieving severe myofacial pain that to date
> has only resonded reasonably to klonopin, and
> I have tried literally every anti-convulsant
> and mood stabilizer besides lithium. Other
> meds that have worked were intolerable or addictive
> (Serzone/Klonopin). For some reason, my body loves
> Topamax, I just bumped the dose to 400 mg/day and I
> only get slight benzo like side effects. The lab rats
> that they invented this on must have had dna like
> mine or something. I dunno. Maybe this is a my
> gift from Santa. I was just about to think that
> I would be on Klonopin forever.
>
> So my current pdoc is the first to diagnose me
> as Bipolar II. I sorta fit the discription, but not
> really, but at the same time you could make an argument
> that i fit the discription for add. Its a tough
> call sometimes for the hypomania.
>
> Generally I am just dysphoric and really antsy. I can't
> sit still and feel very compelled to get up and move around.
> Driving my car calms me down greatly. Sensory input is good.
> Drinking caffeine is good. Before learning about
> psychiatry I always wondered why I had this really
> bizzare caffeine addiction (If I didn't have it I
> couldn't sit still, whereas most people get edgy).
> Before slumping into depression ~3 yrs ago, stimulants
> always gave me a pretty good "buzz", although
> I don't know what it does for someone else, i
> assume it was stronger for me. maybe either without
> the stimulant I was depressed, or with the
> stimulant i was hypomanic? Or maybe I am mild
> ADD and have a dopamine imbalance?
>
> Now, you could argue that I was hypomanic most of
> the time and had stimulant cravings to feed more
> fuel to the fire, lest slip into depression.
> That seems to be my current pdocs position.
>
> He also seems to lean towards the school of thought
> of staying on mood stablizers and away from ADs
> until the last straw, so he was a bit pissed that
> I started Wellbutrin on the sly. It was my 1st visit with
> him that I was in an agitated state and had the
> potential to blow up and screw the relationship
> but I kept my cool and only got in one dig pointing
> out that we agreed that we would try topamax five
> months ago and it shouldn't have taken
> so long to try it (ie. I should have know 4 months
> back that it was a majic bullet).
>
> But he wanted a neurologist to address the headache
> issue and there was a lot of doctor shuffling and crap which
> I thought was bullshit. Just give me the damn med
> and let me take it for a few days. What's the big
> #%@$%@ deal who prescribes it. I hate the formality
> BS. The pdoc is good (very well booked), but is
> also very formal, which I hate.
>
> So when he asked why I started the wellbutrin
> without asking, I said because "you would have
> told me to wait for my next appointment before
> taking any further action". He saw my point, but
> asked me to stop the wellbutrin.
>
> He asked me to raise my Topamax dose from 200 mg
> to 400 mg. I still take 150 Mg Lamictal and a pinch
> of Zyprexa and ~ 4 mg Klonopin. He told me that
> he wanted to wipe out all traces of hypomanic
> symptoms and if I still had depression problems
> then we could sneak an AD in the back door.
> I told him I thought the higher dose of Topamax
> would help with the Klonopin tapering but its
> strong anti-manic effect may make me feel depressed.
> He disagreed and said if anything it might make
> me hypomanic. I asked about the restlessness and
> he said it was hypomania/mixed state and should
> go away if the mood stabilizer are working. I.E
> I DON'T NEED A STIMULANT IN HIS OPINION.
>
> So I dopped WB to 100 mg (never drop a med
> completly..always taper) and bumped Topamax to
> 400 mg and had a nice mexican dinner with 2
> fishbowl margaritas (*uck it, its the holidays).
> WHAMO, major hypomania struck with all the
> dopamine to boot, but without the restlessness
> shit. the GOOD hypomania. dopamine, grandiousity, talkativeness,
> alertness, confidence, quick thoughts, etc.
>
> So don't know what clicked. Could just be
> me cylcling. Or the WB kicked in. Or mixing
> alcohol with drugs. dunno.
>
> BTW, I went into work on Tuesday and got
> a call from my doctor confirming my Thursday
> appt. I told the receptionist she was mistaken and
> that the appt was Wednesday. She said i was wrong.
> I popped up a calender and found out it was
> indeed on Thursday, and that I missed work on
> Monday. I don't know what happened to Monday.
> No Bullshit. Last thing I remember was wathching
> "Citizin Cane" on Saturday night and then sleeping
> for a really really long time and then going into
> work. Lost: Monday Dec 17, 2001. If you find it
> will you please return it to me. thnx.
>
> Regards,
> John
>
> >
> > Well its that time of year and I opted out
> > of visiting my family because I just saw the
> > peckerheads in Nov and its too cold up there.
> > So now I get some time to myself, but unfortunately
> > that time may include the holidays. I don't want
> > to be sitting in my bed depressed at this most
> > vulnerable time of year for me. I'm still tinkering
> > in the middle of a Wellbutrin trial, but don't know
> > when it will kick in.
> >
> > So tomorrow I see my pdoc, and I'm wondering if it
> > would be out of line to really push him hard just this
> > once to write me a 2 week script for Adderall. This would
> > get me through this tough time, help me lose the 15 lbs
> > I gained on Zyprexa, and help me get a lot of things
> > done around the house that have been sorely in need
> > of attention. Personally, I'm not convinced I shouldn't
> > be on a stimulant anyways. I've been prescribed
> > Adderall twice by 2 other pdocs. So far Adderall is the only
> > thing that consistantly relieved my depression. Go
> > for it?
> >
> > -john

 

Re: No Kris Kringle Crank; Topamania!

Posted by JGalt on December 22, 2001, at 22:41:20

In reply to Re: No Kris Kringle Crank; Topamania!, posted by JohnX2 on December 22, 2001, at 20:35:03

Hey John...

Gotta love the title of this thread, got a good laugh about that when I signed on today.

Interesting about the driving calming you down, driving is my most calm and peaceful time. Even though I get very very pissed at times at inefficient drivers, I never feel too down...something about staying moving all the time.

By the way, I was just doing some research on Topomax, don't know if it concerns you, but I found: http://www.biopsychiatry.com/gablamo.htm a bit alarming. My guess is that topamax's benzo like effects at the GABA(a) receptor cause that problem...of course I guess its just 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other...if ya gotta be on one, go w/ the one w/ the least tolerance.

JGalt

 

Re: No Kris Kringle Crank; Topamania! JGalt

Posted by JohnX2 on December 23, 2001, at 22:27:09

In reply to Re: No Kris Kringle Crank; Topamania!, posted by JGalt on December 22, 2001, at 22:41:20

Hi JGalt,

I think the lack of side effects I feel on
Topamax is really the wash out of the tolerance
I don't feel from not doing my usual klonopin
dosage bumping (I'm actually dropping the
Klonopin instead). Probably when I am off
Klonopin I may even need to
pull the reigns in a little on Topamax.
We'll see.

As a side note, I'm glad I got to use alliteration
at least once in my lifetime.
I knew that fancy literature crap had to come in
handy at least once in my life.
Although I don't remember if there is a literary
term for mangling topamax with mania, do you?

regards,
john


> Hey John...
>
> Gotta love the title of this thread, got a good laugh about that when I signed on today.
>
> Interesting about the driving calming you down, driving is my most calm and peaceful time. Even though I get very very pissed at times at inefficient drivers, I never feel too down...something about staying moving all the time.
>
> By the way, I was just doing some research on Topomax, don't know if it concerns you, but I found: http://www.biopsychiatry.com/gablamo.htm a bit alarming. My guess is that topamax's benzo like effects at the GABA(a) receptor cause that problem...of course I guess its just 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other...if ya gotta be on one, go w/ the one w/ the least tolerance.
>
> JGalt


This is the end of the thread.


Show another thread

URL of post in thread:


Psycho-Babble Medication | Extras | FAQ


[dr. bob] Dr. Bob is Robert Hsiung, MD, bob@dr-bob.org

Script revised: February 4, 2008
URL: http://www.dr-bob.org/cgi-bin/pb/mget.pl
Copyright 2006-17 Robert Hsiung.
Owned and operated by Dr. Bob LLC and not the University of Chicago.