Psycho-Babble Social Thread 611775

Shown: posts 1 to 25 of 29. This is the beginning of the thread.

 

Who wants a Babble T-shirt?

Posted by Deneb on February 21, 2006, at 15:15:10

I'm going to design a Babble T-shirt (with your help) celebrating Babble's 8 year Anniversary on June 10. If you want to, you can have your T-shirt signed by Babblers who will attend the BabbleFest in Toronto in May.

The more people buy the T-shirt, the lower the price.

If you have any clip-art that you think might look good on the T-shirt let me know.

If you any design ideas, let me know.

Thanks

Deneb

 

Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt?

Posted by Deneb on February 21, 2006, at 15:38:47

In reply to Who wants a Babble T-shirt?, posted by Deneb on February 21, 2006, at 15:15:10

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention.

I'm not going to make any profit off of this.

I don't know if Dr. Bob wants to make some profit off of this or not.

 

Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt? Deneb

Posted by TexasChic on February 21, 2006, at 19:38:23

In reply to Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt?, posted by Deneb on February 21, 2006, at 15:38:47

How cool! I'll have to think about design ideas. Unfortunately, I'm not a very 'creative' artist, but more of a production one. Although I think that's some sort of psychological thing, like being afraid of failure or something. I just need to explore that side a little more.

I wish I could go to Toronto (too far for me!). It would be so cool to see everyone in person! Of course, I divulge things here I would never face to face, so it might be a little weird. But then, it might be that the friendships I've formed here are unique to any others I've experienced.

-T

 

Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt?

Posted by Deneb on February 21, 2006, at 20:09:45

In reply to Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt? Deneb, posted by TexasChic on February 21, 2006, at 19:38:23

> How cool! I'll have to think about design ideas. Unfortunately, I'm not a very 'creative' artist, but more of a production one.

Hey, I bet you're plenty creative. ;-) You can help me design the whole T-shirt. I found this place that's pretty good.

http://www.customink.com/cink/r.jsp?C=4

Pick a T-shirt and link on "design lab" to start designing the T-shirt.

Here are my current designs.

http://greendeneb.tripod.com/my_photo_album/index.album?i=9

They're pretty boring designs. I need more clipart. It would be really great if someone could create their own graphics. I'm not much of an artist.

> I wish I could go to Toronto (too far for me!). It would be so cool to see everyone in person!

I'm going to take pictures of all the places I go to. (I won't take any pictures of Babblers unless given permission to do so.) I'll post some for all to see. :-)

>Of course, I divulge things here I would never face to face, so it might be a little weird. But then, it might be that the friendships I've formed here are unique to any others I've experienced.

Hey, you can't possibly be as weird as me! I hope it will be OK for me, I haven't been exactly sane throughout my stay at Babble. I'm starting to fear that people will avoid me.

Deneb

 

Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt?

Posted by TexasChic on February 21, 2006, at 20:30:10

In reply to Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt?, posted by Deneb on February 21, 2006, at 20:09:45

> Here are my current designs.
> http://greendeneb.tripod.com/my_photo_album/index.album?i=9

I'll check it out!

> Hey, you can't possibly be as weird as me! I hope it will be OK for me, I haven't been exactly sane throughout my stay at Babble. I'm starting to fear that people will avoid me.

I don't think they will. This is an environment where people understand that sort of thing. I would be happy to be able to meet you.

-T

 

I think it should say

Posted by LegWarmers on February 22, 2006, at 21:23:35

In reply to Who wants a Babble T-shirt?, posted by Deneb on February 21, 2006, at 15:15:10

Sleepy said Pe*p!

on the back....

why pe*p?

 

Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt? Deneb

Posted by NikkiT2 on February 23, 2006, at 11:46:25

In reply to Who wants a Babble T-shirt?, posted by Deneb on February 21, 2006, at 15:15:10

That company doesn't appear to ship world wide Deneb.

I've used http://www.cafepress.com on a number of occasions, and they're really good, very well priced, and ship, quickly, world wide (they're based in the US, but I get my stuff within 10 days)

And I love the idea that we can get more than just t-shirts. I wouldn't want to buy a shirt, but would love a mug.

Also, if I can offer some suggestions (I've done this kind of thing a number of times), we really don't want to use clip-art. Just something simple, that means something to all of us, but is truly original. Dinah's idea of "Please be Civil" is fantastic..

Nikki

 

Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt? NikkiT2

Posted by Deneb on February 23, 2006, at 12:52:09

In reply to Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt? Deneb, posted by NikkiT2 on February 23, 2006, at 11:46:25

> I've used http://www.cafepress.com on a number of occasions, and they're really good, very well priced, and ship, quickly, world wide (they're based in the US, but I get my stuff within 10 days)

Thank-you sooo much for the advice! I need to involve everyone who wants a t-shirt, or mug, or whatever.

> Also, if I can offer some suggestions (I've done this kind of thing a number of times), we really don't want to use clip-art. Just something simple, that means something to all of us, but is truly original. Dinah's idea of "Please be Civil" is fantastic..

Excellent idea! What does everyone else think of that?

Deneb

 

Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt? Deneb

Posted by NikkiT2 on February 23, 2006, at 12:57:13

In reply to Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt? NikkiT2, posted by Deneb on February 23, 2006, at 12:52:09

OK, I'll admit it..

I just want a PBC mug *LOL*

N xx

 

Other ideas Deneb

Posted by NikkiT2 on February 23, 2006, at 12:59:38

In reply to Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt? NikkiT2, posted by Deneb on February 23, 2006, at 12:52:09

Also, with cafe press, you can have quite a number of designs on different items..

I know a few people expressed a desire to have some of the Dr Bob pictures images that you and others have done.. So we could set up our own PB shop at cafe press, and have, maybe, two or three different text designs for those wanting them, and maybe do a "special limited edition Toronto Party" design, and then a changing range of the photo designs on t-shirts..

Just throwing ideas into the pot!

Nikki xx

 

Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt? NikkiT2

Posted by Dinah on February 23, 2006, at 13:36:38

In reply to Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt? Deneb, posted by NikkiT2 on February 23, 2006, at 11:46:25

I can't take credit for it. I was just repeating something that was suggested a while back.

 

Re: Other ideas

Posted by Deneb on February 23, 2006, at 18:18:31

In reply to Other ideas Deneb, posted by NikkiT2 on February 23, 2006, at 12:59:38

> I know a few people expressed a desire to have some of the Dr Bob pictures images that you and others have done.. So we could set up our own PB shop at cafe press, and have, maybe, two or three different text designs for those wanting them, and maybe do a "special limited edition Toronto Party" design, and then a changing range of the photo designs on t-shirts..

That's a great idea Nikki! That kind of undertaking will take some time.

We need some images to work with right now. Is anyone able to create a high resolution PNG image of the words PBC or Please Be Civil or whatever you think would work? I kind of lost my image editing software when my old computer broke down.

I need some images to work with. I'm not planning on making any money off of this. I'll let whatever money we make go to Psycho-Babble.

What should we name our shop?

Babble Ware?
Psycho-Babble Stuff?
The Psycho-Babble Store?
Babble Shop?

Deneb

 

Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt?

Posted by TexasChic on February 23, 2006, at 18:21:47

In reply to Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt? Deneb, posted by NikkiT2 on February 23, 2006, at 11:46:25

That all sounds great. Especially the 'Please Be Civil' mug! I would LOVE that!

I'm still trying to think of some designs too.

-T

 

Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt?

Posted by Deneb on February 23, 2006, at 21:32:55

In reply to Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt?, posted by TexasChic on February 23, 2006, at 18:21:47

I'm finding it difficult to work with images on CafePress.com. I tried to make a "Please Be Civil" mug but the words are not centered the way I want. I have to upload exactly the right image. There is no way to re-size the image.

At CustomInk designing is much easier. They have a cool design tool that lets you automatically re-size and re-location images and fonts.

The problem with CustomInk is that they do not let people buy items one at a time and they do not ship internationally. For t-shirts I think they have a minimum of 6 shirts that you must buy. For mugs it's a minimum of 72. Shipping is free to Canada and the US, but one person would then have to ship the individual orders out. I'm guessing that people might have a problem with giving out their addresses.

For that reason, I'm going to try my best to get around the design difficulties at CafePress, unless of course everyone who wants a t-shirt will be going to the Babble Party...then I can use CustomInk and get them shipped to me and I'll distribute them in Toronto.

Deneb

 

Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt?

Posted by Deneb on February 23, 2006, at 22:52:37

In reply to Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt?, posted by Deneb on February 23, 2006, at 21:32:55

I created my own shop. Check out some Babble stuff I made.

http://www.cafepress.com/BabbleWare

I don't want to make money off the sales though. I don't know if I can change the prices.

Maybe we should give the money to Babble.

Deneb

 

Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt?

Posted by Deneb on February 24, 2006, at 0:33:03

In reply to Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt?, posted by Deneb on February 23, 2006, at 22:52:37

Right now the prices are at base, there is no profit being made. Do people want to pay a little extra to give to Dr. Bob?

The designs are not set in stone. I just put up some simple designs for the sake of having something up on the site. I still need ideas!

I think I'm going to buy 2 T-shirts. One to wear everyday and one for people to sign at the Babble Party. Guess which one is my favourite? LOL

Deneb

 

Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt? Deneb

Posted by Dinah on February 24, 2006, at 9:33:08

In reply to Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt?, posted by Deneb on February 23, 2006, at 22:52:37

Since Dr. Bob owns the site (it says copyrighted at the bottom of each page) and is associated with its name, perhaps you ought to wait for his express approval before proceeding further? He may have opinions and things he would and wouldn't like to have done.

 

Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt? Dinah

Posted by Deneb on February 24, 2006, at 10:59:26

In reply to Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt? Deneb, posted by Dinah on February 24, 2006, at 9:33:08

> Since Dr. Bob owns the site (it says copyrighted at the bottom of each page) and is associated with its name, perhaps you ought to wait for his express approval before proceeding further? He may have opinions and things he would and wouldn't like to have done.

Good point Dinah. I was just having too much fun with the designing. Sorry if some things were inappropriate.

I just realized that I think Dr. Bob wants to keep this project small.

http://www.dr-bob.org/babble/admin/20060111/msgs/612392.html

He doesn't want to set up shop yet. This means he doesn't want any money from this. So, I'll set the prices at base. Only the company will make money off of this.

I think the designs I have up are OK in terms of copyright. So far they are just normal phrases people use. I didn't put Psycho-Babble on any of the ones up for sale.

Deneb

 

Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt? Deneb

Posted by Dinah on February 24, 2006, at 11:45:04

In reply to Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt? Dinah, posted by Deneb on February 24, 2006, at 10:59:26

This is just me, of course. But I think that the part that would interest me would be that it would be "official".

But that's just me.

 

Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt?

Posted by Deneb on February 25, 2006, at 16:41:11

In reply to Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt? Deneb, posted by Dinah on February 24, 2006, at 11:45:04

Do people want an image on the t-shirts?

I need some images to work with. Original artwork would be great. They should be high resolution PNG files.

I lost the original high resolution file of the Babble tree so I decided to draw another Babble pic.

I call it the Babblebrella. LOL

http://greendeneb.tripod.com/my_photo_album/index.album?i=11

I also uploaded another picture of me.

Deneb

 

Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt?

Posted by Deneb on February 26, 2006, at 12:51:26

In reply to Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt?, posted by Deneb on February 25, 2006, at 16:41:11

Any ideas at all?

I don't like the umbrella pic as much as the Babble Tree. The umbrella looks a little too "perfect" compared to the rest of the picture. Heehee, don't you just love how the umbrella defies physics? LOL

Deneb

 

Re: umbrella physics Deneb

Posted by Larry Hoover on February 26, 2006, at 16:28:43

In reply to Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt?, posted by Deneb on February 26, 2006, at 12:51:26

> Any ideas at all?
>
> I don't like the umbrella pic as much as the Babble Tree. The umbrella looks a little too "perfect" compared to the rest of the picture. Heehee, don't you just love how the umbrella defies physics? LOL
>
> Deneb

<pedantic mode on>

How does an umbrella defy physics? It and all matter obey physics precisely, IMHO. We may simply fail to understand physics. Eh?

<pedantic mode off>

Lar

 

ROFL :-) (nm)

Posted by Deneb on February 26, 2006, at 17:36:29

In reply to Re: umbrella physics Deneb, posted by Larry Hoover on February 26, 2006, at 16:28:43

 

maybe slow down?

Posted by NikkiT2 on February 27, 2006, at 10:45:34

In reply to Re: Who wants a Babble T-shirt?, posted by Deneb on February 26, 2006, at 12:51:26

I hope you don't mind me giving you the benefit of my experience, but I am going to anyway!

I think you *really* need to slow down with this hun.. You got an idea and just ran with it, where as this needs a little walking first.

The whole idea of this was to do it for the Toronto meet up, not just for the sake of it, and then people like me who can't make it wanted to have the opportunity to buy something too.

Som how about taking some time over it, and then setting it all up ready to coincide with the meet up? get some images together form everyone, narrow it down to, I would say, a maximum of 3 for now (possible one that says Dr Bobs on it and includes the URL, one that is an image, and one that is just text, something like the PDC idea)., and then show them to Dr Bob for approval.

The images also need to be of a good quality.

At the moment, a really good idea that someone came up with (I can't even remember who it was now) is in danger of being lost due to speed..

Nikki

 

Re: maybe slow down? NikkiT2

Posted by Deneb on February 27, 2006, at 11:43:13

In reply to maybe slow down?, posted by NikkiT2 on February 27, 2006, at 10:45:34

> I think you *really* need to slow down with this hun.. You got an idea and just ran with it, where as this needs a little walking first.

Sorry about that Nikki. Sorry everyone. I kind of got a little (ok a lot) excited about this and was having too much fun with the whole thing. The stuff I put up wasn't going to be the final say. I took them all down now.

> The whole idea of this was to do it for the Toronto meet up, not just for the sake of it, and then people like me who can't make it wanted to have the opportunity to buy something too.
>
> Som how about taking some time over it, and then setting it all up ready to coincide with the meet up? get some images together form everyone, narrow it down to, I would say, a maximum of 3 for now (possible one that says Dr Bobs on it and includes the URL, one that is an image, and one that is just text, something like the PDC idea)., and then show them to Dr Bob for approval.

I've been asking people for images and ideas but so far not many people contributed any. I think I'm too impatient.

You sound like you really know what you are doing Nikki. I'm mostly just fooling around at this point. Do you want to head this project? I can help you.

Deneb


Go forward in thread:


Show another thread

URL of post in thread:


Psycho-Babble Social | Extras | FAQ


[dr. bob] Dr. Bob is Robert Hsiung, MD, bob@dr-bob.org

Script revised: February 4, 2008
URL: http://www.dr-bob.org/cgi-bin/pb/mget.pl
Copyright 2006-17 Robert Hsiung.
Owned and operated by Dr. Bob LLC and not the University of Chicago.