Posted by qbsbrown on July 29, 2009, at 17:36:42
In reply to Re: Tapering with kindling Scott?, posted by SLS on July 29, 2009, at 16:54:55
> In a way, you are in uncharted territory. Hopefully, you will be able to tolerate the Tegretol well enough to be able to continue with it. Dosage of Tegretol? Rate of BZD taper? It will be up to you to evaluate how these things affect you. If it were me, I would go with 400mg of Tegretol and give it a week to settle in before attempting a taper. After you reach the point of complete discontinuation of BZD, I would probably wait a 2-3 weeks before tapering the Tegretol. Then, you might want to allow 2-3 weeks to accomplish the taper.
> I'm just guestimating.
> Good luck. I have a good feeling about this.
> - Scott
Thank you Scott. God I hope you're feeling is right! I've been begging for any type of break, but didn't think one existed.
For the first time since I began this taper (4 months ago), after my last Tegretol dose (the 3rd 100mg pill i've taken), things went off of absolute hyperseepd, didn't feel on crack, speed, like nails were dug in the seat and holding on all day for dear life. It was amazing, i put the computer down, and could close my eyes, and relax a little bit (or at least in comparison to what my relaxation has been, still some racing thoughts)
I was going to start at 300mgs, 100 3 times a day, but now I'm thinking that I could start at 400mgs (which is the normal starting dose) (do you think that 100-100-200 is best, or does it have to be more linear?). I see for immediate release it's 3-4 times a day. It's kinda nice taking it at the same time as my diazepam doses, 6am, 2pm, 10pm.
i don't want to get too greedy too quick for the dose, as just starting it last night was horrible insomnia (and sweats), and my typing abilities are worse today, which indicates raised symptoms, which is expected.
I've read that for benzo wd, that 300-800 is best, so I'm wondering if I could make my way up to perhaps 600mgs (sound nice even dose to me 200-200-200). They even say you can increase dose every 3-7 days as well. But you'd wait a week? Or if I was ready after 3 days, to raise to 600? Or just play it by ear and see if you're ready to raise the dose?
If I get any type of relief, I will be forever indebted to you.