Posted by TexasChic on November 10, 2007, at 18:01:19
1. You measure distance in minutes.
Doesn't everybody do that?
2. You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
3. You use "fix" as a verb. Example: "I am fixin' to go to the store."
I admit I am guilty of this
4. You know what "cow tipping" and "snipe hunting" are.
I don't know what snipe hunting is.
5. You think everyone from north of Dallas has an accent.
Because they do!
6. You find 100 degrees a "tad" warm.
Or a typical day.
7. You know all four seasons: Almost summer, summer, still summer and Christmas.
Right now its between still summer and Xmas.
8. You know whether another Texan is from East, West, North, or South Texas as soon as he opens his mouth.
9. You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good chili weather.
We had that a few days ago, now its summer again.
10. A carbonated soft drink isn't a soda, cola, or pop.....It's a Coke regardless of brand or flavor.
This is too true.
11. You know a TANK is a dirt hole that holds water for irrigation, watering the cows, or swimming.
I didn't learn this until we lived in East TX.
12. "Sweet ice tea" is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you are two.
Mmmm, sweet tea.
13. "Jeet?" is actually a phrase meaning, "did you eat?"
This is usually followed by an offer of beans and cornbread... and of course sweet tea.
14. You understand these jokes