Psycho-Babble Social | for general support | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

I'm back, and Oh what a couple of days!!

Posted by NikkiT2 on August 28, 2003, at 13:04:07

Hi guys.. I'm back again :o)

the break did me alot of good.. I did read, and cheered on some people, but it was very healthy for me not to reply.

But *sighs* last night I really needed this place...

Because of last weeks surgery, and monday being a holiday here, I ran out of my Amisulpride on Monday night.. stupidly I over slept on Tuesday morning and couldn't get an appointment with my GP. One night should be fine I though. So I see my GP on Wednesday morning, and she says that because my Psychiatrist hasn't informed them of my change to Amisulpride they won't prescribe it. I suggest she calls him, so she does that and he's of work till friday. She then says that there is nothing she can do about this and I just have to put up with it. I was so so angry I just burst into tears and left (this followed another nasty comment from her). I rang my psychiatrist when i got back and the earliest I could see him was next Tuesday.
I thought I'd be OK though.. but by 2am last night I was in a total mess. I'm not sure if it was withdrawal or not, but it was horrible. I could feel insects crawling all over me, so clearly - not just itches.. I could see black bugs crawling all over the lounge floor, hundreds of the things.. and I kept seeing a man trying to climb in my lounge window out of the corner of my eye. I was too scared to move and this was the only place I knew would understand
I ended up taking a load of (but not enough to cause harm) anti histamines to try and make me sleep and stop the bugs on my skin.. I finally fell asleep about 6am.

felt better today, no hallucinations or anything but very angry.. called GP at 10am to be told to call back at 11:30. called back at 11:30 and GP was still busy - was told she would call me back. By 3pm she'd still not called so I rang again, and she'd gone home and not left my ifo with anyone else.
By 4:30 I was planning to take an OD just to teach them a lesson, but I realised this was stupid, so called the Emergency Psychiatric Service.. they arranged to meet me at my GP surgery at 5:20.. I met them there and the pdoc they sent was really nice and sweet.. and sorted me out a prescription straight away.. But the practice manager took me to one side and asked me to aplogise to the receptionist who I'd been "f'ing and blinding at".. well, all I said to her was "this is a b****y joke" when she told me GP had gone home - thats hardly f'ing and blinding.

Anyway.. so I have my medication now, so hopefully tonight won't be so bad as last niht.. thank heavens. It wasn't pleasant.

Good to be back *smiles*

Nikki xx




Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post

Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.


Start a new thread

Google www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Social | Framed

poster:NikkiT2 thread:255061