Posted by noa on July 17, 2003, at 18:42:56
In reply to time for 10, posted by justyourlaugh on July 14, 2003, at 21:31:54
How are you doing today and the past few days, JYL?
Here is my attempt at 10:
1. I didn't cry at work today, or yesterday or the day before, either. (Hey, that coulda counted for 3, really!)
2. It was hard to get out of bed today, but I did make it into work, albeit late, but at least I made it in.
3. I had time for a nap this afternoon, which helped as I am still behind in my sleep debt.
4. My sleep debt is due to socializing! Yes, I was at a party Sunday until the wee hours of Monday. Very rare for me.
5. I went to the gym 2 times this week--first time in about a year, I think--and it felt good.
6. I weighed myself and was pleasantly surprised to see that I hadn't gained weight since last weighing (when I was last at the gym) even though it sure has felt like I've gained a lot. I concluded it must be that it feels like I gained weight because I gained fat and lost muscle. But I felt hopeful that I could get muscle back and lose some fat if I continue exercising.
7. I got my passport application filed just in the nick of time.
8. I managed to eat green vegetables pretty much every day in the past week. And fish twice.
9. Yesterday, while in the middle of being 'stuck' on something, in an OCD way, I confided in my trusted co-worker about it. It felt good to tell her, and she was supportive.
10. I met a deadline today--writing up my professional goal--required by managers at work--and managed to identify something that is real but doesn't make me feel vulnerable to the bully boss. This was also done with the help of the trusted colleague.