Posted by Angel Girl on January 10, 2005, at 4:29:49
In reply to Re: The Jewish Faith?, posted by ayrity on January 5, 2005, at 0:46:34
Thank you for replying my questions. Now, your replies bring forth more questions. I would like to repeat, that I am not here to debate Christianity vs the Jewish faith, but to attempt to understand the difference.
1. You say that you believe in Heaven but not Hell. Is it the Jewish belief that all Jews will go to Heaven?
2. You say that you use basically the same Old Testament, but do not include "apocryphal texts". Can you please explain what *apocryphal texts* means? (Something tells me I'm going to be very embarrassed to hear the answer to this question).
3. With your Bible being in Hebrew, and I think I understand your sermons to be in Hebrew as well, does this mean that all Jewish people speak and understand the Hebrew language? I'm referring partially about Jewish families that have settled here and have children born in this country. Are they taught Hebrew? And what about those who convert from another faith to that of the Jewish faith? Are they taught Hebrew? If not, I wonder how they are to get much from the religious ceremony or the Bible used?
4. If apocryphal texts can be considered Jewish texts, why would they not be considered part of the Jewish canon?
5. Why is Jesus Christ not believed to be the Messiah?
6. If you do not believe in evil and that Satan does not act outside the will of God, then how do you account for the bad things that happen ie: murders, etc. Are they the will of God? What purpose could they serve?
I hope that you or someone else of knowledge is willing to reply these questions.
Thanks once again for your very informative answers.