Psycho-Babble Medication | about biological treatments | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Re: See a sleep medicine specialist????

Posted by LostBoyinNC45 on April 8, 2014, at 21:25:59

In reply to Sleep med advice, posted by vbs on April 7, 2014, at 8:04:17

Instead of seeing a psychiatrist? For sleep, sleep medicine specialists are the ones to go to. Psychiatrists are primarily concerned with your behavior while awake and with your mood, thoughts, feelings, stuff like that. I have never had a psychiatrist who seemed all that concerned by my complaints of poor quality sleep and some will even write in my psychiatric jacket "somatic complaints" if I complain about poor quality sleep a lot.

Sleep medicine specialists who are board certified in sleep medicine will ask about the quality of your sleep, how restorative your sleep is (very important to your daytime mental health and your daytime behavior) and will be concerned about insomnia.

Ive found CPAP helps with insomnia a lot. Its better than any sleep drug. Sleep medicine specialists can also prescribe the same hypnotic insomnia drugs that psychiatrists sometimes prescribe, like ambien and others.

Eric AKA "LostBoyinNC"




Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post

Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.


Start a new thread

Google www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Medication | Framed

poster:LostBoyinNC45 thread:1063794