Psycho-Babble Medication | about biological treatments | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

aripiprazole (Abilify) available in Canada?

Posted by iforgotmypassword on August 20, 2009, at 15:42:44

I google and internet pharmacies that seem to imply that what they are selling is canadian in origin, at prices that seem Canadian (~4$ a pill) when compared to the 10+$ a pill in the united states.

Did it become available in Canada at some point?

I am interested in aripiprazole for its 5ht-1a mechanism, which seems not to be underestimated. (~15% occupancy evenly through the 10-30mg dosage range apparently.)

I am interested in trying 1mg (a split 2mg) to see if you can go that low with the drug. An article I came across mentioned even lower (0.675mg) being efficacious in treating levodopa related dyskinesias in parkinson's patients. Very curious.

Here are the articles I am basing my curiosity on:

Differential Effects of Aripiprazole on D2, 5-HT2, and 5-HT1A Receptor Occupancy in Patients With Schizophrenia: A Triple Tracer PET Study

Aripiprazole in L-dopa-induced dyskinesias: a one-year open-label pilot study.

In the first article it seems to mention that dopamine receptor occupancy is what diminishes measurably with decreasing dosage (30 down to 10mg at least). It may suggest 5HT-1A and 5HT2 occupancy reach a ceiling somewhere before 10mg, though I don't if 1mg is pushing things a little. I have a feeling the lowest dopamine receptor occupancy would be the best decision for me given my already existent movement issues (including akathisia, parkinson like sx, facial tension and movements, etc, all requiring a lot of lorazepam usage which has so many downsides.) I am trying to treat anhedonic, cognitive, self-care, coordination, rigidity-and-movement-related sx; hoping to recreate my effectively high-dose buspirone response, my most palpable ever, and get continued improvement. I am continuing agomelatine for the time being. Will likely continue 25mg for one more week, then a week of 50mg, if no hint of a developing response is felt, I will drop it and try aripiprazole if it is available here. Still wish I could get my grimy hands on tandospirone tho.




Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post

Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.


Start a new thread

Google www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Medication | Framed

poster:iforgotmypassword thread:913170