Posted by 4WD on August 13, 2005, at 22:30:17
In reply to Re: Had my first ECT and don't know what to do next, posted by denise1966 on August 13, 2005, at 4:31:23
You have to make your decision based on what you feel is right for you and not whether your pdoc might be pissed off by it. It sounds to me like you have pretty much decided you want to try the Nardil/Seroxat plan. If that's the case, then that's what you should do. Don't worry about what she will think. This is your life. I think for most people, ECT is kind of a last resort and maybe you haven't reached that point yet.
Do you live in the U.S.? If so, you can continue your medical coverage for up to 18 months if you are able to pay the premium (the same group rate your company was paying). If that's an option for you, you might want to do that for at least a couple of months til you figure out what treatment is going to work for you.