Psycho-Babble Medication | about biological treatments | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Re: Reboxetine + Wellbutrin + REBT = 90% better pedr

Posted by Ritch on March 24, 2003, at 8:31:26

In reply to Reboxetine + Wellbutrin + REBT = 90% better , posted by pedr on March 24, 2003, at 7:34:57

> Hi everyone,
> I thought a nearly-there success story might introduce a few oft-overlooked options into the mix.
>
> In a nutshell I was very depressed (suicidal ideation, obsessive thinking, panic attacks etc.) for 5 years without knowing it was depression. Once I was diagnosed with depression I was put on paxil, trimipramine, sertraline and effexor XR, one after the other. None helped and most just gave me dreadful side-effects, especially when coming off the drug (derealization, depersonalisation, seeing things etc.). I also tried very hard with CBT (I took about 50 1-hour sessions) but it only helped to make me feel like I was at least doing _something_ to get out of the hell I was in.
>
> Finally I sought private help and was started on Reboxetine and Wellbutrin (Zyban here in the UK). The Wellbutrin in particular gave me energy although I can only speculate on the synergy/interaction between the two drugs. I also started learning REBT which is a lesser known alternative to CBT. Things have slowly turned around over 3 years of intense practicing of REBT from wishing I was dead most of every day to feeling pretty ok 80% of the time and not-that-bad the other 20% of the time. I feel strong, resilient, flexible, motivated, into my work and am lucky enough to have found myself a lovely lass. All the things I firmly believed I'd never see again.
>
> This post doesn't really belong on any one PB board as it's about the combination of meds and therapy so apols to the medication-only purists out there for choosing this board :0). I just thought it was worth highlighting a little-known option.
>
> Cheers & good luck to everyone.
> pete.

Pete, that's nice to hear that has worked for you-haven't seen one of your posts in awhile. Just a quick question or two-what doses of WB/Rebox are you on and what does REBT stand for and could you summarize what it is? Thanks in advance!


Tweet  

Thread

 

Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post


Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.

 

Start a new thread

 
Google
dr-bob.org www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for
in

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Medication | Framed

poster:Ritch thread:100245
URL: http://www.dr-bob.org/babble/20030319/msgs/212129.html