Posted by bluedog on November 26, 2002, at 22:07:52
In reply to alcohol and stimulant effect, posted by jonh kimble on November 26, 2002, at 17:55:33
hellelujah. You've hit the nail on the head. Alcohol is a miracle drug!!!
If it weren't for the brain damage, liver damage, hangovers and depression it causes me I would ditch all my antidepressant and anxiolytic medications and just go to work in the mornings with a bottle of scotch under my arm. The positive effects of this would be as follows:
1. I would be filled with self confidence.
2. Even better than self confidence I would have a sense of euphoria as I went through the day. This is obviously what happiness actually feels like.
3. I would be able to relate to all manner of people with great ease including clients colleagues and bosses. All these people would view me as a great guy as I would have a very pleasant and relaxed "air" about me. I would no longer repel people because I would no longer have "just something" that people can't really explain that makes them uncomfortable around me. Of course, because because people will actually want to be around me I will never again have to endure loneliness and depression.
4. I would be able to avoid the tension headaches and muscle aches and pains that dog me by the end of the day because all my muscles would be naturally relaxed.
5. I would no longer have to endure boredom at work because my perception of life would be so wonderful that boredom would simply be a thing of the past.
By the way, I suffer from social anxiety and for some reason alcohol hits the pleasure centres deep in my brain in a way that is so profound that it probably comes pretty close to a religious experience. Just one drink will send a message to my entire being that I have become enlightened. (social anxiety?? Who me?? NO WAY!!)
Too bad it's just an illusion hey?