Psycho-Babble Medication | about biological treatments | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Re: Ok, how to find out about a specific state?

Posted by danf on January 14, 2001, at 4:31:05

In reply to Re: Ok, how to find out about a specific state?, posted by PhoenixGirl on January 13, 2001, at 14:47:12

Yes, I live in Florida... which has significant restrictions... on schedule II stimulants...

Georgia has as well, to my recollection....

The restrictions are not absolute... There are a few other states where the only approved dx for dex / Sched II stims for an adult is narclepsy.

I have lived in quite a few states.. most of the very restrictive regulations were put into effect in the last 10 yrs.

Your pharmacist can give information as to how restrictive your stste is.. The restrictive states require reporting by the pharmacy...

an odd aside is that many of the restrictive states do not require multiple /duplicate prescription copies for schedule II drugs.

most of these restrictions are the result of abuse of stimulants for wt loss & not psychrotropic use. There may or may not be psych exceptions...

This varies due to the position taken by the individual state medical regulatory boards...

Most psych Drs know the regulations well... GPs may not..




Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post

Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.


Start a new thread

Google www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Medication | Framed

poster:danf thread:50745