Posted by noa on July 24, 2003, at 21:34:22
In reply to One of the decisions I have to make now » shar, posted by Racer on July 24, 2003, at 21:17:45
>. Now that I know the lump is there -- excuse me, the "large, irregular mass" is there -- I can also feel how it pulls on other parts of my breast and chest wall. I think I'd like to get something done sooner.
That sounds like you have decided what you want to do.
I have no idea what the risk of waiting would be--not knowing how the cancer develops, etc. and whether the interval of time you have to wait is key or not.
It sounds from the above post like you want to get it done now so you don't have to deal with the not knowing and not knowing if the time is crucial.
If you want to do it now, what I can say is you deserve to be able to do so. To feel like you shouldn't because it could end up being negative--that is kind of setting yourself up to feel guilty for not having cancer!
I absolutely understand the dilemma---having secured free services, it is hard to forego them, and if you decide to wait, that is ok. But if you get the tests sooner---no matter what the results of the test, if you want to have it now, the money will have been worth it. That is my opinion.