Psycho-Babble Medication | about biological treatments | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Recommendations for getting another good PsychDoc

Posted by Michael on December 2, 1999, at 8:47:25

In reply to Re: Serzone effect for Social Phobia?JohnL again, posted by noa on December 2, 1999, at 8:21:57

I had horrible experiences with my family physician and one psychiatrist. I eventually called a university medical center and made an appointment with their anxiety disorder's clinic. There are other clinics for depressions and other conditions. I met with a very, very experienced psychopharmacologist. He very thoroughly diagnosed my disorder and prescribed the right meds. I later switched from the university anxiety disorder's clinic to a private psychopharmacologist, just because my HMO didn't cover the university. However, I did get their recommendation and referral to my new, and very experienced private practice psychopharmacologist. Bottom line, I would either go to a university medical center clinic or get their recommendation of a good psychopharmacologist who works outside of the university medical center.

Good luck,





Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post

Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.


Start a new thread

Google www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Medication | Framed

poster:Michael thread:16019