Psycho-Babble Medication | about biological treatments | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Re: My 18 yr. old son w/bi-polar and anger

Posted by Hank L on November 11, 1998, at 19:34:30

In reply to Re: My 18 yr. old son w/bi-polar and anger, posted by jj on November 9, 1998, at 12:49:55

I assume your son was diagnosed by a competent mental
health professional. Assuming that's the case, the
appropriate treatment would be pharmacology with
a mood stabilizer and antidepressant. The mood
stabilizer should even the mood and decrease the
anger. Medications such as Lithium, depakote, Neurontin,
tegritol are mood stabilizers.

Don't give up the ship. Encourage your psychopharmacologist
to try a mood stabilizer. Personally, I like Neurontin, due to low side
effects and no real need for regular blood monitoring.
Hope this helps.




Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post

Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.


Start a new thread

Google www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Medication | Framed

poster:Hank L thread:1095