Psycho-Babble Medication | about biological treatments | Framed
This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | List of forums | Search | FAQ

Re: ask my doc for benzos?

Posted by Toby on December 11, 1998, at 14:14:33

In reply to Re: ask my doc for benzos?, posted by alan on December 7, 1998, at 12:29:51

I agree with Alan that you should see a psychopharmacologist (and BTW I like this term; it seems as though it may help people feel more comfortable talking to others about it than saying they are seeing a psychiatrist). Go and relay your college experience, but don't automatically expect Valium, even though you have had difficulty with SSRI's before. There are other meds for anxiety and depression that don't exactly work like SSRI's and therefore may not give you the zombie feeling. Almost certainly the doc will want to explore those options before Valium. Some of those options are Effexor, Remeron, Serzone, Buspar and zyprexa. good luck.




Post a new follow-up

Your message only Include above post

Notify the administrators

They will then review this post with the posting guidelines in mind.

To contact them about something other than this post, please use this form instead.


Start a new thread

Google www
Search options and examples
[amazon] for

This thread | Show all | Post follow-up | Start new thread | FAQ
Psycho-Babble Medication | Framed

poster:Toby thread:1502